“Overpriced with Service and Credit Card Issues”
Review of La Carne Grill - CLOSED

Cuisines: Sushi, Steakhouse
Neighborhood: Midtown
Neighborhood: Midtown
Flushing, New York
“Overpriced with Service and Credit Card Issues”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I had a friends party of 7. The service was slow and rude. Food was overpriced and poor tasting. Worst of all, I was charged $200 extra on my credit card and when I called the restaurant and spoke to Eddie Allaham, the owner, he said "take care of it with your bank. I don't have time to deal with it." Extremely rude and disrespectful. Never going there again. Costumers Beware!!!

• Visited December 2011

London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Truly awful experience - and ridiculously expensive”
Reviewed January 12, 2012

4 of us visited this restaurant for dinner at the end of December. When we turned up at the restaurant (having booked a table), the manager looked at us from afar but, for some reason, did not come to welcome us and sit us down. Finally, after about 5 minutes he came over and asked our name.

The service was poor and the manager in particular was moody and un-friendly.

The steaks were incredibly expensive and when I asked if I could swap out the accompanying onion for fries, I was told this was "not possible" and that I would have to pay for the fries on top.

When visiting the toilets (which were next to the kitchen), I was astonished to see that the sauce for the steak was made with Osem powdered beef flavour! Essentially, packed powder and water. This is not what you would expect from a restaurant charging circa $60 for a steak!!!

The steak came and tasted of charcoal - no flavour at all, just charcoal.

When the waiter asked how our meal was, I said not good. He just grunted and walked off, not interested at all.

Overall, I would not recommend this to anyone - a thoroughly disappointing evening.

• Visited December 2011
Flushing, New York
“Worst Restaurant Ever... Eddie Allaham”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Worst Restaurant experience. I had a friends party of 7 there. The service was slow and rude. Food was overpriced and poor tasting. Worst of all, I was ripped off on my bill. The total was $1400 ($1200 + $200 Gratuity). When I gave my credit card to pay the bill, the waiter, Mourad, asked if I can leave the tip in cash. I did him that favor despite the obnoxiousness of asking and bad service. The next day I looked at my credit card statement online and I was charged the full $1400. I called them back and explained that I left $200 in cash which wasn't reduced from the bill, but they consistently said we'll look into it and have someone call you back (obviously nobody ever called). The owner, Eddie Allaham promised to handle the problemin 24 hours. It's been over a month and still nothing). Costumers Beware!!!!!

• Visited November 2011