“No hand towels?!?!?!?!?”

Bobby Van's Steakhouse - 54th Street
Reserve with OpenTable
Bobby Van's Steakhouse - 54th Street is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,774 of 14,308 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Description: Bobby Van's Steakhouse New York, located at 54th Street, is notable for its prime selection of superior steaks, distinctly excellent chops and incomparable seafood selection, invites you to enjoy the warm hospitality and quality fare that the traditional American steakhouses of New York are known for. Situated in a building once frequented by Frank Sinatra and the Rat Pack, this is the quintessential place for the "steakhouse, New York" experience. With its richly handcrafted wood walls and well-stocked bar, Bobby Van's Steakhouse offers both private and conventional seating. Diners can enjoy the outstanding and award winning wine list, which is personally selected by Bobby Van's own sommelier, and won the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence in 2005. In terms of cuisine, Lunch patrons would be hard-pressed not to enjoy our famed Marinated Skirt Steak, served on a bed of arugula salad, or our equally popular Colossal Crabcake B.L.T. As for our Dinner menu, where guests can find culinary pleasure in a varied number of highly satisfying selections, the Classic Surf & Turf has never failed to please, nor has our favorite form of filet mignon, the Filer Oscar, which is served with a healthy amount of crabmeat and a topping of Hollandaise sauce. No matter what your style or preference, we pledge that your visit with us will prove nothing short of above-adequate. Bobby Van's Steakhouse New York is open seven days a week for dinner, and on weekdays for lunch. We are conveniently located a few blocks north of the Waldorf-Astoria, and within close walking distance of the Intercontinental Hotel, Marriott Eastside, Radisson and the Benjamin Hotel, as well as are near parking and public transit.
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I went here on a groupon offer last night. If I ate here at full price I would have been very disappointed. The meal started with a cold lump crab appetizer and a chilled lobster cocktail. Both tasted like they had been previously frozen and/or been cooked days before. Next we had the filet accompanied by mushrooms and asparagus. The steak was good, mushrooms were fine and the asparagus was excellent.
Now comes the part of the story where dining at a $100.00 a diner turned south. When you go to the bathroom to freshen up you do not find hand towels, but only a air hand dryer. I fully appreciate the green factor here, but why can't Bobby Van's Steakhouse be accommodating to people who might want to freshen up their faces or want a hand towel to use? If you cut corners on the availability and accommodation on hand towels, where else are you cutting corners?

Reviewed March 30, 2014

The food was excellent. Fortunately, we got a small room which was quiet and our waiter could be more attentive. Everything served was outstanding. Definitely a place to go if you want a steak.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Getting into a restaurant alone is always exciting, sometimes you get extraordinary service, sometimes you are ignored. Here it was in between as it should. Excellent meet, too big side orders (sized for two, and I had to pay for ut), adequate service. A good steak dinner, but nothing I will remember for ever.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Craving steak, I went to BV's last night because I could count on it being good, pricey, but good. I walked into the half-empty place and asked for a table. The hostess called the maître de who asked us to wait. He looked around for something to do, made a perfunctory stop to another table, and then took us to a rickety spot. Rickety because the table could not hold a glass steady, much less a meal. After much crawling underneath and several folks trying, we had a nearly stable table for dinner. These should have been cues to leave. But I really wanted that steak. Ordering was easy enough but when the food arrived it was sans one dish. I asked about it and was told that I didn't order it. I was apparently wrong about what I wanted for dinner. When I tried my steak, it was overcooked, burned on the exterior to a crispy black and under seasoned. Gnawing through, I know I should have sent it back. My fault for trying and for being hungry enough to keep going. I thought I could count on you BV. Based on last night, I don't believe in you anymore.

Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant week menu had a variety of appetizers as well as entrees. There were three desserts selections. We ordered the skirt steak and encrusted salmon. The appetizer portobello with goat cheese and salad was delicious. The Caesar salad had a creamy dressing. The salmon was excellent. The skirt steak was tender. The portions were large. The sorbet was very good. The cheese cake was not as creamy as I like it to be. It does have a chocolate topping on it. Good experience.