“Great Music, Expensive Drinks, So So Food”
Review of City Winery

City Winery
Reserve with OpenTable
City Winery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,046 of 14,026 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: Vandam Street
Transit: C subway line to Spring Street
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We go here a few times a year for the great concerts. We keep saying we'll eat elsewhere, but it is convenient. The burger was good, but everything else I could have missed. I suggest finding another place to eat, and enjoy some overpriced drinks while you listen to the great music. We'll be back for the venue. In the past two years, we've seen Allen Touissant, Richard Thompson and Robert Randolph.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Essentially a posh wine bar with food that becomes a concert venue in the evening - but the table service never stops. I thought it was a great idea and the venue itself is airy and comfortable. Whilst I stayed faithful to beer, the wine list seemed extensive and interesting and the food I sampled was succulent and arrived in double-quick time (mind you I had only ordered a burger). I had tickets to see Dave Davies, ex of The Kinks and had payed something in the order of $50 for the privilege. This seemed fairly pricey to me and the value equation suffered still further in the light of an incoherent and muddled performance. Still, it was my choice and the venue should not be held responsible for the foibles of the acts it presents. It is great that it does so. The seating arrangements are a bit cramped for a show (but would be fine I am sure for normal daytime informal dining). The waiting staff were exceptional.

1  Thank Diptych
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Saw a concert here. Nice place. Friendly staff. Food was good and reasonably priced. Portions small. Wine was $14 a glass (or half a glass, I should say). I'll probably go back, but won't drink much!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Had tix to see Beth Hart. Had a drink in the bar area before the show. Met a great guy who was in charge of the tapas - will definitely go back to try them, especially the charred octopus! We had dinner before the show - the menu is not exactly the same as in the bar, so if you want to try something make sure to ask if you can also get it int he dining room. The food was very good - I recommend the fried olives and the feta hummus. Lots of wines to choose from, try their wines, the whites were very good. And by the way - the show was amazing - if you want to see a performer in an intimate setting, this is the place to go! You will make friends quickly since it is a tight fit but in a good way.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Just off a long flight we popped into City Winery for some lunch as it was right across the road from the hotel.

The staff were very friendly and the food was quick and tasty. The waiter recommended a good wine to compliment our choices. Highly recommend.