“Italian with a flair”
Review of L'Artusi

L'Artusi
Reserve with OpenTable
L'Artusi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #106 of 14,292 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: Between Bleecker and Hudson
Transit: 1 train to Christopher Street, and A, B, C, D, E, F & V trains to West 4th Street.
Description: Opened in December of 2008, L'Artusi is the second step from the team that brought dell'anima to the West Village. Chef/Partner Gabriel Thompson and Beverage Director/Partner Joe Campanale share their expertise in Italian Epicurean Hospitality on a larger stage. Featuring rustic cuisine, a crudo bar, specialty cheese program, private dining room, and a walk-in wine cellar, L’Artusi offers guests a variety of dining options and a warm, friendly vibe. Our 110 seat restaurant, designed by Brooke Maples, features two floors of comfortable banquette seating, extended traditional bar, cheese bar and a chef's counter over-looking the open kitchen. Private dining opportunities are also available in our 2500 bottle walk-in wine cellar.
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We celebrated a gay wedding here in their private wine room on the upper floor. The glass enclosed room is surrounded by choice italian wines from most regions in Italy. Our excellent choice of appetizers included a market sald, flute ceviche and a very finely sliced beef carpaccio of excellent quality. The pasta course included butternut squash ravioli's, lam ragu Gnocchi and Orrichette with sausage and onions. The main course was a choice between moist hen roast covered with bacon and hangar steak and deep roasted potatoes in an excellent gravy. Followed by 2 excellent cakes.

Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Nice atmosphere. Food well presented but very salty. Waitor was very pleasant but smothered us throughout the meal. He cleared my partners plate even though i wasnt finished then when i put my fork down to take a break the waitor came and tried to take my plate away. I had to tell two waitors that i hadnt finished my dinner yet. I felt rushed so please guys , give the diners some space.

1  Thank Corrie6
Reviewed December 25, 2013

The food is amazing! Excellent cheese and wine selection. You don't want to miss the roasted mushrooms- warning, it has a spicy bite to it. The Squash Ravioli truly tastes like autumn! The lamb in the gnocchi melts in your mouth. For dessert, good luck making a decision: the Olive Oil Cake, Pumpkin Tiramisu, and Hazelnut Torte were all just heavenly! It was one of the most expensive restaurants we ate at on our trip but it was well worth it!!!!!!! My teen daughter and I loved the experience!

Reviewed December 22, 2013

The photos of L’Artusi do not do it justice. This is a truly beautiful neighborhood restaurant with a hopping, youthful staff. My daughter and son in law gave this gem of a restaurant rave reviews, so we decided that for my birthday celebration, L’Artusi would be just the ticket. They were so right because we had such a fun, bubbly evening. The food, wine and dessert were nothing less than sublime. The other diners were very friendly and happy to join the Happy Birthday sing along. Afterward, take a short walk to the historic White Horse Tavern and finish your evening off with a hearty nightcap. Oh, bring lots of money!

1  Thank AMarcat
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Great dinner! We had the carpaccio, Brussels sprouts, short rib special, and the salami pasta. All were pretty good. The carpaccio was topped with tiny crunchy bread crumbs and little red onions which only enhance the dish. Both mains were pretty good. The sommelier was good but not smiley lol. It mattered to me not most people I'm sure. The table was not intimate and the place was loud. A cool place but not a quiet romantic place. I would still highly recommend it!