“Great!”
Review of L'Artusi

L'Artusi
Reserve with OpenTable
L'Artusi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #138 of 14,394 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: Between Bleecker and Hudson
Transit: 1 train to Christopher Street, and A, B, C, D, E, F & V trains to West 4th Street.
Description: Opened in December of 2008, L'Artusi is the second step from the team that brought dell'anima to the West Village. Chef/Partner Gabriel Thompson and Beverage Director/Partner Joe Campanale share their expertise in Italian Epicurean Hospitality on a larger stage. Featuring rustic cuisine, a crudo bar, specialty cheese program, private dining room, and a walk-in wine cellar, L’Artusi offers guests a variety of dining options and a warm, friendly vibe. Our 110 seat restaurant, designed by Brooke Maples, features two floors of comfortable banquette seating, extended traditional bar, cheese bar and a chef's counter over-looking the open kitchen. Private dining opportunities are also available in our 2500 bottle walk-in wine cellar.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Food was fabulous, service was nice (a little slow, but it was packed), great atmosphere, star sightings. What a great evening!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Recently we were in New York for a short break we booked a table at L'Artusi before we travelled. The restaurant was packed to the gills: not surprising as the food was excellent. Probably the best meal we had in New York. Everything was perfect. The food was delicious; we would strongly recommend this restaurant. Make sure you book before you go.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had the Marion Valpolicella, roasted mushrooms app, then gnocchi and orrechiette. All were very good--mushrooms were excellent--but nothig was outstanding. We were mildly disappointed after reading so many raves.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

The last time I visited l'Artusi, about a year ago in March (2012), we had a wonderful experience dining at the counter that overlooks the kitchen -- we'd walked in without a reservation and were totally overwhelmed by the warmth of the staff and the superb food. This time 'round, we had a reservation for four people and while our server was excellent, the food was just ever so slightly off. Well, mine was. My starter, Chicories Parmesan, was very good. My main, Bucatini tomato, pancetta and pecorino, was over-salty. The pasta was perfect, al dente. I love pecorino and I know it's salty but someone must have added salt to the tomato sauce or spilled some into the pot. Our wine couldn't cleanse my palate. My companions and I shared the Crispy Potatoes and the Brussels Sprouts. The crispy potatoes were great but, again, the brussels sprouts were over-salted. Salting brussels sprouts does mitigate their bitterness but this was too much. I'd very much like to have the recipe but I'd lower the amount of salt when I prepared them. Our server recommended the Olive Oil Cake for dessert and we obliged. Maybe it was my dinner or maybe it's all me but I thought the top of the cake had been ever-so-slightly salted. My companions recommended I not order an espresso (fearing I would find it salty too). It wasn't. It was perfect, just like l'Artusi could be, with a little salt discipline.

1  Thank Ted G
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Got an early Sunday evening, same day reservation. Apparently, they get booked up pretty quickly - for good reason. The food is phenominal. We had the raw thinly sliced scallops, roasted potatoes, sweet pea ricotta ravoli, homemade pasta with mushrooms, two excellent white wines. Service was ideal.