“Excellent”
Review of L'Artusi

L'Artusi
Reserve with OpenTable
L'Artusi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 14,522 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: Between Bleecker and Hudson
Transit: 1 train to Christopher Street, and A, B, C, D, E, F & V trains to West 4th Street.
Description: Opened in December of 2008, L'Artusi is the second step from the team that brought dell'anima to the West Village. Chef/Partner Gabriel Thompson and Beverage Director/Partner Joe Campanale share their expertise in Italian Epicurean Hospitality on a larger stage. Featuring rustic cuisine, a crudo bar, specialty cheese program, private dining room, and a walk-in wine cellar, L’Artusi offers guests a variety of dining options and a warm, friendly vibe. Our 110 seat restaurant, designed by Brooke Maples, features two floors of comfortable banquette seating, extended traditional bar, cheese bar and a chef's counter over-looking the open kitchen. Private dining opportunities are also available in our 2500 bottle walk-in wine cellar.
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Took my daughter here for her birthday. The atmosphere, the food and the service were excellent. We loved every minute of it. The dishes all had a special something to it.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We had high hopes for L'Artusi after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor and other sites. Very underwhelming. The service seemed almost negligent, as we were kept waiting for service on so many occasions during the evening. Not anticipatory at all. The food was good, but not exceptional and in our estimation not at all worthy of the praise received on various web sites. Very good selection of Italian wines. L'Artusi is a very loud place so it is difficult to have an intimate conversation.

4  Thank Waterloonie
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Lively place. Went on a Friday night. We were seated for our reservation promptly, on the upper level. The place was full. We had good drinks, good wine, and good food. This looks like the place to go!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had a prix fixe 4 course meal that blew me away!
For appetizers, I had the special of some form or ricotta cheese and marmalade that quite literally made me lick my fingers. My other half had the scallop ceviche.
We mainly stuck with the specials across the board and am regretful that I can't recall the names of everything. I do recall the tagliatelle bolognese bianco, parmesan which I am going back for!

The server was phenomenal and her wine pairings with each dish were so good that I had to have them. She was kind of enough to not only write down the names of the wines, but laso the regions! Needless to say, I ran out after our meal and purchased all four bottles!

The service and food was so phenomenal that I will be back many, many times!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is a beautiful venue. Warm and inviting. The waitstaff, fabulous and attentive.
The wine list is actually a,"wine book". and the full bodied red we chose was more for our love of red wine rather a pairing with the food. We started with the beef carpaccio and scallop cerviche and both were succulent. Then came butternut ravioli, squid ink pasta with octopus and orecchiette with sausage,salumi and pecorino. To accompany our entrees was broccoli rabe, brussels sprouts and cauliflower. Then the finale...Hazelnut chocolate torta and sticky pudding! The dinner was, start to finish, a wonderous experience of taste and texture. Put L'Artusi on your must do list!