“Cheers for Brazil Brazil!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Brazil Brazil

Brazil Brazil
Reserve with OpenTable
Brazil Brazil is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #472 of 13,552 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Brazilian, Latin
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: between 8th and 9th Avenue
Description: Brazil Brazil is Reaturant Row's newest addition. The restaurant is full of color and great music, and is steps away from the Broadway shows and Times Square. We offer a tasty variety of exotic steaks and seafood in a cozy, inviting atmosphere. Our caring staff and talented chefs are dedicated to making your dining adventure fun, relaxing, and pleasurable. Whether your group is large or small, Brazil Brazil is the perfect place for you. We take great pride in our food and carefuly create our meals from only the finest, freshest ingredients, with mouthwatering aromas and bursting with fresh flavor. Whether you select from our lunch, dinner, brunch, prix-fixe, raw bar, or lounge menu, you will enjoy great steaks with unsurpassed quality.
Cortland, Ohio
“Cheers for Brazil Brazil!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Had a Sunday night meal at Brazil Brazil with a group of seven. It was a first visit and we all had the $29.95 prix fixed menu which included salad, main entre, dessert, wine/sangria and coffee/tea. The meal was a pleasant surprise and very tasty. Had the beef stroganoff which was delicious. Other meals looked equally tasty, with the exception of the traditional dish, feijoada, which was surprising bland. Sangria's were perfect to start our meal. The dessert options for the prix fixed menu were a bit limited, but I found the passion fruit mousse very good. Service was good, but a bit slow. We weren't in much of a hurry, so we didn't mind. Overall, was quite pleased with the experiene.

Texas
“If a crowd is there, it's their first visit.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

It was actually my second visit here, the first happened a couple years ago and I recall it as a pleasant experience. This time was very different - we waited to be seated while 4 employees walked around us, the waitress was unfamiliar with the menu (not knowing what came on plates, specials, etc.), were served beverages without ice, others who were seated much later than we were got their food sooner, food was cold (manager had to get other sides to replace) and the last straw, they removed food from the table WHILE we were still eating and conversing. The manager said to us, "Maybe they thought you were finished." Well a quick question could have solved that. Won't be back!

Morristown, New Jersey
“Food average to good but service rushed.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

This was my first experience at a Brazilian restaurant. My friend who has enjoyed Brazilian food before suggested we give it a try. She ordered the signature drink and I had a Caipirinha with strawberries & basil. Both drinks were quite good. We then shared the goat cheese salad which was light and refreshing although only had 3 cashews. As an entrée we shared the Churrasco Misto which is a combination of grilled meats. The meats were very tender & flavorful. The meal ended with two cappuccinos and a coconut flan. The flan was nothing special but did satisfy my sweet tooth. My only complaint was that we felt very rushed. We arrived at 5 pm on a Tuesday evening being their first customers for dinner. It was beautiful out so we utilized the outdoor seating. The wait staff kept coming over to clear plates that we weren’t finished with.

Scotch Plains, New Jersey
“Cheers for Brazil Brazil”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

I brought my wife to Brazil Brazil for her birthday. We wanted to try something different near the theater district. We were pleasantly surprised by the excellent food and service. We went around 6PM on a Friday night, and several tables were available. The food was amazingly good. We both tried the price fix menu for $29.95. The menu came with a appy (salad or soup), an entree (which was plentiful) and a desert. The Rice pudding was excellent. Other reviews commented on slow service, but in our case (maybe due the time we went), I'd say the service was top notch. atmosphere was nice as well. I would recommend anyone to try this restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Joe I
Tampa, Florida
“Just What We Were Looking For!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

My Husband, Step Daughter and I had been walking around Times Square all day so we weren't quite dressed up to go out to a nice dinner but we wanted to have one really nice, quality dinner while in the city. We were looking for a nice atmosphere to eat and have evening cocktails, great food and NY service. Brazil Brazil was exactly what we were looking for. We had walked many blocks and popped in many restaurants during our search and I am so glad we decided to spend our last night in the city at this location!

As other reviewers have said, the first impression from the outside is not that enticing. Pretty basic looking but once you walk inside you immediately feel the cozy ambiance. The hostess had been standing outside on the patio and explained the menu to us before we decided to come in. All of the staff were top notch. We were treated wonderfully. My husband and I enjoyed champagne and cocktails while a special Shirley Temple was made for my step daughter. Candles on the tables and dim lighting made it a special little dinner.

The food was AMAZING! My husband had the Picanha na Chapa with onions ( a steak dish ) and we had the Camarao no CoCo - the hostess had suggested this dish and it was out of this world. I normally don't take food pictures but be sure to see my pics I have attached on here so you know to order it when you visit. It is a coconut filed with shrimp, cream sauce, potatoes and much more. I really wish we had this here in Florida.

If you are looking for a unique dining experience with one of a kind food & cozy atmosphere - you will be happy you stopped by this gem!

* located near Restaurant Row & Times Square area - a few blocks back - see address ;) Easy to find walking.

• Visited February 2013