“Best sushi in NYC!”
Review of Sushi of Gari 46

Sushi of Gari 46
Reserve with OpenTable
Sushi of Gari 46 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,053 of 14,144 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 8th and 9th Avenue
Transit: A, C, E, 1, 2 & 3 trains to 42nd Street and N, R, Q & W trains to 49th Street.
Description: Sushi of Gari 46 is a sushi lover's dream, where traditional meets innovation. Come try some of the best and most creative sushi in New York City.
Reviewed March 26, 2014

The quality of the sushi is amazing, the staff is very friendly but its good to have reservations because it gets kinda crowded.
Its a great place to do the omakase and don't forget to try the mochi ice cream !

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Went here for a work meeting and it was fabulous. The service was good but not overbearing, and the fish was fresh and well-presented. The menu is a bit limited, but of good value for the quality you get. I'd definitely return, as I loved how tucked away the restaurant is.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Sushi are fresh and tasteful specially the Tuna of Gari.

But in this price range ambiance should be nicer, even for a typical traditional Japanese restaurant

Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

I had a reservation for 4, unfortunately my flight was delayed and could not make it, but our friends did make it.
The Sushi is amazing!! But I made the reservation very late, around 11:15 pm and they called me and specifically told me that they close their doors and nobody can come in after a certain hour, so I knew I was not gonna make it. My friends loved the sushi but they felt they were being rushed to order their dinner, like if they were doing them a favor. That was very rude. I know it was late, but if you are going to put pressure on people then dont take accept late reservations!! But food is great!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I was so excited to finally get to Gari 46, and boy, what a disappointment. I ordered the Tuna of Gari, an assortment of 8 tuna sushi with a spicy tuna roll for $55. Half of the pieces where not fresh, tasting so fishy I couldn’t finish one piece, and the some of the pieces where sinewy. That shouldn’t happen at any sushi restaurant let alone one that charges a premium for what should be premium sushi. We had the tempura ice cream for desert and the tempura was old and soggy. Really? Service was not much better; not once did our server ask how things were.

1  Thank KeithJS2014