“Fajita Fix”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We chose Sombrero because we wanted fajitas and it was close to our hotel. They were good, though my beef had some chewy bits that created a problem for eating neatly. My husband's chicken had no problems. There was also enough to have shared one order with some extra tortillas. I would have loved the $5 margarita special but it is only offered weekdays. It was airconditioned inside but it had cooled enough in the evening to enjoy people watching from their patio. Service was prompt and pleasant.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We went in because we saw the $5. margarita sign. We decided we should order some food and got some chips and salsa...for $7!! The margaritas were good though. And the place is cute. The chips were a little pricy though. But I would go back if in the area.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

OK, let's be honest and say that after a long hot day of walking my friend and I collapsed here and had a large margarita, some spicy guacuamole and split a chile rellenos dish. I freely admit the Margarita may have coloured some of the memories but I really enjoyed it. Service was prompt and pleasant.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is a little restaurant on a side street just off 8th. It is very close to The Belvedere hotel so I have stopped in on a few trips for Margharita's and guacamole.They have renovated since my last trip! The blended margharita's are excellent. We split guacamole and chili rellano's and both were very good. I have had a lot of mexican food and know of what I speak (though it is always personal taste). If you go during the week between certain times the margharitas are $5.00. Definitely worth a stop of you are thirsty!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

It took almost 1 hour to prepare our dinner; appprently burgers are very complicated! The waiter pretended that delay was due to coking time! Do we look that stupid?
Food was correct but nothing exceptional. Quantity is OK.
No choice for the tip as the credit card slip came with 17% service decided by the waiter himself! I was willing to leave asap. He kept the money but lost the customer forever.