“Mexican Food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sombrero Mexican
Ranked #1,872 of 13,479 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Midtown
Darlington, South Carolina
“Mexican Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Close to our hotel. The food was very good. Although service was a little slow. But would go there again.

Visited July 2013

Yorba Linda, California
“Total Dissapointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I was sooooo in the mood for a margarita as there is a heat wave in the city and it sounded so good. Sombrero was down the street from my hotel and they had a sign out front that said they had 5.00 margarita's so sign me up!!! I sat for quite sometime before my waitress came to the table and when she came I ordered a margarita and some guacamole. I asked for the margarita on the rock without salt, it came blended with salt, I had her take it back. She returned with the correct drink and it tasted like there was no tequila in it and was totally watered down. The salsa was average and the guacamole was okay. Not great. I don't know why anyone would say the salsa was spicy, it barely had any flavor. I waited for a very long time with no water and no one coming to see if I wanted another margarita. My waitress walked by my table 3 times and never asked me anything. The third time she walked by, she went up to the front door and was texting on her cell phone. She actually looked at my table several times and never said a word. She finally came up and asked if I wanted another margarita, I actually had considered a Corona because the margarita was so marginal but I got tired of waiting so at that point I just wanted to leave. I asked to speak to a manager and was told that she had left. Really crappy service, really lousy food and really pricey, especially for what it was. They actually have a quesadilla on the menu that is 20.00!!!! Crazy! Won't go back, won't recommend it.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Denbigh
“$5 Margaritas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Quaint little place a couple of doors away from the Belvedere Hotel. Staff was friendly and the bathrooms were spotless. They had a great selection of Margaritas for $5. It was a great way to end the day. Thank you for adding to our enjoyable experience in New York City.

Visited July 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Maybe we just picked wrong dishes”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Checked the menu outside and thought we would try this cause it looked really good. Took a seat at our table noticed it was quite busy so thought we were in for a good meal. We ordered chilli rellenos and chicken amber and tucked into the salsa and chips while we waited (good). When our meals arrived they looked good, however the chicken was really tough from over cooking and had a fishy taste. The chilli dish was ok except but the mince in the middle was horrible so I didn't finish the meal. We didn't bring it up with the waitress (who had been really good) because another table was complaining about their meal and to managements credit they went out of their way to resolve the customers unhappiness so thought best to pay up and leave. Other diners appeared to enjoy their meals as we didn't see any meals left or any other complaints. The place is very noisy so it's hard to have a conversation. Service was ok there appeared to be ample staff working but unfortunately food didn't live up to expectation - wont be going back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
“Fantastic experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Went here with my wife. Two couples at the table next to us recommended the Bulldog Margarita. We tried it and it was great. And then the food... Beef quesedillas and chicken fajitas, so good I almost started to cry. Service was nice and atmosphere very friendly.

1 Thank Swedish67