“French Bistro”

Cross street: East 50th Street
New York City, New York
“French Bistro”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We dined here with family and were more than satisfied with the Classic French Cuisine, wine and service. The escargots and boeuf bourguignon did not disappoint, and the ambiance was
enhanced by quiet piano accompaniment in the background.
This was our second visit to La Mediterranee in four months, and we would definitely return in the future. Price per person with tax & tip was about $62.00.

• Visited July 2013

Zurich, Switzerland
“nice atmosphere, ok food disappointing service...”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I went here with a girlfriend for a quite dinner and it was the perfect spot. There was a guy who was playing the piano but you could easily blank him out.
The menu was the solid french food of a bygone era.... 'classics' like beef bourgiguinon. so if you are after comfort food this is the place to come. The flavours were ok, nothing outstanding that would make me either go back or recommend it. I make a better Beef bourgignion myself....
The waitress asked if we were asked if we were finished while my friend clearly still had food on her plate and a knife and fork in her hand and the waitress was physically present but clear had not engaged her brain for the evening.....
The wines were limited but not expensive. Its an ok meal out but if you want privacy and quite then maybe this will be a good choice.

• Visited June 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Nice atmosphere, food a little disappointing”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Had dinner here on May 13th. Lovely atmosphere and the young waiter who served us was very friendly.
My wife enjoyed her seafood pasta, I ordered a beef bourginon which was edible but a little disappointing, the beef was a bit chewy which considering it's slow cooked should be soft and pulling apart and the sauce was thick and over reduced.
Worth a visit for the atmosphere, it's a nice break from some of the standard New York fare. Personally I'd give it another try, the average meal I got was possibly a once-off.

Visited May 2013
New York City, New York
“French atmosphere in Manhattan”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is a beautiful small restaurant great for a romantic or intimate dinner.
The restaurant is beautifully decorated with paintings of french signature. Harold at the piano gave us a wonderful musical world tour .I commend him for his talent and great choice of musical themes.
I had the prix fixe dinner which included nicely done moules à la mariniere preceded by a tomato salad with olive oil dressing. Dessert was a small delicious cheese cake. My counterpart had grilled salmon which was very good.
I asked for substitution of french fries that came with the mussels with haricot verts and it was done. This was charged as a side order on the bill but was removed when I pointed it out to the waiter.
Nice cozy place for a french dinner.

• Visited April 2013
NYC
“Good French food”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Ernesto, the owner, is an intelligent, good host. The menu reflects solid French food, not just fancy presentation but very tasty. We have been going there for years. The background music by the very nice pianist is soft and a nice background without drowning out conversation

• Visited March 2013