“oh my god”

The Metropolitan Opera
More attraction details
Owner description: The Met opened in 1883 and is one of the most famous opera houses in the country today.
Munich, Germany
77 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“oh my god”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

I got a behind the scenes tour and I think this is one of the most stunning things I have ever done! it was so coooolll! and i got to go on the stage which was a dream of mine. You get to see the sets close up as well as all the dressing rooms, workshops, rehearsal halls, storage, and costume places! great!

Visited December 2012

26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 128 helpful votes
“Worth every penny”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

If you love classical music and opera, it really is worth it to spend the money on the tickets to see a performance here. Many of the seats are even cheaper than a broadway show, and The Met never disappoints on the whole experience - from the chandeliers rising to the sets to the amazing talent on the stage and in the pit. A must do attraction!

Visited May 2013
Asker, Norway
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

I had never been to an opera before, but what an experience!! We went to see Aida and it was magical! I highly recommend everybody to spend a night at the MET - you will not regret it (not even you non opera lovers;-)

Visited November 2012
Kalamata, Greece
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“'THE' EXPERIENCE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Amazing experience! I suggest to all NY's visitors' to spend one night in the Metropolitan Opera. I was not an opera lover, now I am! We booked our tickets early @ 50dollars / person. We watched Aida - Verdi and it was unbeleivable!!! Perfection & professionalism. tip: Mind the breaks as doors do not open once they have closed ;-)

Visited November 2012
1 Thank natasa g
New York City, New York
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Love HD Live!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

The energy of watching HD Live with the crowd in Lincoln Center was fabulous. The singing, the orchestra complemented by the subtitles made the Opera very enjoyable. I have seen several operas in this format.