“Majestic Metropolitan Opera”

$118.12*
and up
La Bohème at the Metropolitan Opera House
More attraction details
Owner description: The Met opened in 1883 and is one of the most famous opera houses in the country today.
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This was a return visit for us and something so special - the
whole of Wagner's Ring Cycle. The Met. Opera is just the best.
Fantastic building, amazing casts, the best restaurant. All in all,
I think this is one of the most wonderful experiences for an
Opera lover. I would go back tomorrow.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,799)

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I had a " pleasure" to witness Michael Mayer's new production of Rigoletto.. What a failure !!! A joke really!!! Never would've thought that Met opera house will allow this sleazy , tasteless version of Rigoletto play on it's stage. I understand the desire to attract younger audience , but to turn this timeless masterpiece into a Broadway show, is simply shameful ! Such a disappointment ! Ruined my night!
The only thing that kept me from leaving after the first scene, where Rigoletto get cursed by ARAB Sheik !( talking about politically correct), were beautiful voices of performers. I saw this opera twice before and brought my friends with me this time to introduce them to opera. Honestly, I fell embarrassed and sad that their first exposure to opera was spoiled by this grotesque version of It.

4  Thank Ellana S
Reviewed May 2, 2013

The whole purpose of our trip was listening to the great Mr. Plácido Domingo singing "La Traviata" and we greatly enjoyed the performance, wonderful singing, especially by Mr. Domingo, modern take on a classical opera. Wonderful !!!

1  Thank rygsa
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My goal was to see Jay Hunter Morris as Siegfried - everything I hoped for. Orchestra one of the best in the world. The comfy seats on the balcony looking out over the fountain are a wonderful spot to stretch one's legs during intermission.

1  Thank woodstock91
Reviewed April 29, 2013

If you love opera on a grand scale, this is the place to see it. The world's greatest opera singers regularly perform here. The orchestra is superb. The opera house is striking with it's beautiful curving staircase and wonderful Chagall paintings. Inside the theater, its all plush velvet and soaring boxes surrounding the orchestra. When the chandeliers begin to rise up to the ceiling right before the performance, I still get a little thrill - no matter how many time I have seen it.

1  Thank Paula M