“A nice place to visit”

La Bohème at the Metropolitan Opera House
Ranked #35 of 1,151 things to do in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Learn more about Lincoln Center’s iconic landmarks—including the Revson Fountain, the newly transformed Alice Tully Hall, and the Metropolitan Opera House!Go behind the scenes at venues where a spectacular range of artists have performed, including Luciano Pavarotti, Mikhail Baryshnikov, Leonard Bernstein, Renée Fleming, and Bruce Springsteen.Each tour is unique, and you never know what might happen. You might sit in on a rehearsal, walk out onto a stage, or meet a star!Whether you’re just visiting New York City and want a glimpse of performing arts history, or you’re a Lincoln Center regular who wants to see your favorite venues from a new perspective, a guided tour will bring you closer to the world’s premier performing arts center.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed September 7, 2013

A nice place to see.
I went to Lincoln Center with my girlfriend but I it wasn't what I expected. I wish I could have spend more time there. Next time I go to NY I will visit again for sure...

Write a ReviewReviews (2,301)
All reviews
in 109 reviews
"acoustics"
in 81 reviews

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Who would guess that this area was once filled with tenement housing, the opening of WEST SIDE STORY was filmed there before Lincoln Center was built. Now it is the cultural center of Manhattan. Ballet, Opera, Shows and even art festivals in the summer months. Free concerts and dancing on the plaza or just sit and watch the city go by.

A must bisit

1  Thank Barbara445
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had heard about the restaurant above the met lobby but had never gone before. ( Only accessible I believe with a ticket to the opera) It is very classy with good service and food and a great view through massive panes of glass.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Friends and I walked from their flat in Hell's Kitchen to Lincoln Centre for 'Disco Night'. The evening was a highlight of my visit to New York.

It felt as if all of New York was at Lincoln Centre that evening (but there was no pushing or shoving). Every person was smiling, dancing, laughing....enjoying an outstanding summer evening. My friends have two children, 3 yrs and 6 months. We were all able to enjoy our evening at Lincoln Centre. And, we made friends.

It was a wonderful summer evening in New York.