“Very disappointing”
Review of Mr. Chow - TriBeca

Mr. Chow - TriBeca
Reserve with OpenTable
Mr. Chow - TriBeca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6,729 of 14,304 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: TriBeCa
Cross street: North Moore Street
Transit: 1 train to Franklin Street.
Reviewed May 23, 2014

First and last time. Terrible service, food is ok but for that money you can get a lot(!) better. I do not mind to spend money for good food, but not like this.

2  Thank Michael091975

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Bad service. Staff do not know what they are doing. every time we get a different waiter to take our orders and it kind of confused us because we got tired repeating ourselves and lost our appetite.

The food was ok. I am kind of very disappointed because Mr. Chow in London is by far way way by far better than the one in Tribeca. I have to try their 57th branch and see.
Again very disappointed. Never go there again.

2  Thank BlueScooterGirl
Reviewed January 15, 2014

The food here is very good. My only complaint is that it isn't what it says it is, ie not Chinese or Asian. I mean they put butter in the seasame noodles, or did the last time I was willing to try them. Stick to food you know and like and they will do a very good preparation for you. Wine selection is good. The prices are high.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Visited here whilst on holiday to NYC. Had been very excited to visit the 'famous' Mr Chow restaurant. First impressions when walked through the door - nice, clean and smelt heavily of Lily's, and a warm welcome. We were shown to our table, then all of a sudden there were four members of staff surrounding us, which was rather overwhelming. We got introduced to our main waiter but because so much was going on whilst trying to make ourselves comfortable I didn't manage to take in his name. I was immediately asked if I would like a cocktail, I asked for a cocktail menu which they did not have but the waiter recited the cocktail list which comprised of champagne cocktails. I asked for the lychee bellini, partner asked for an ordinary mojito. Bellini was nice, but nothing special, mojito was served in a wine glass, so was the soft drinks! We ordered quite a lot of food, we spent over 2 hours at our table but was never rushed. The restaurant was not very busy for prime time saturday evening. We tried the crab soup - tasteless. Mr Chow noodles - ok. Shrimp rolls - as described by waiter, nothing special. BBQ ribs - tasteless. Prawn toast - not great. Gamblers duck - not crispy, meat was wet and not very flavoursome. Crispy beef and Sweet & sour pork - we expected something out the ordinary but they were just the same as what you would get at the local takeaway. Vegetable rice - bland. Although the food was not even above average, the atmosphere was good. The service was okay, at first the waiters were always by our table which was a little intimidating, as it got a little busier they seemed flustered. We sat at the bar for a drink after the meal, the bar tender came across arrogant - though that might just be a New York thing! Would I rush back? Not for the price!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Mr Chow restaurant presents well. But service was a bit starchy, with too many waiters at the table offering the same thing, and the food seemed to be sufficiently westernised to suit businessmen for a safe restaurant to take clients. While the duck pancakes were good, all other dishes were rather ordinary and not authentic. Not a restaurant I could recommend.

2  Thank AzzaBono