“Watching the world go by with wonderful food”
Review of Almond

Almond
Reserve with OpenTable
Almond is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,201 of 13,826 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: between Park Avenue South and Broadway
Transit: N,R,F at 23rd Street, 6 train at 23rd Street
Description: Almond, an American bistro located in New York City’s bustling Flatiron District, combines the best of rustic French cuisine in a casually elegant atmosphere. Co-owner and Executive Chef Jason Weiner offers a menu of accessible dishes that put market-fresh ingredients center stage. Classic Almond dishes include Steamed Black Mussels with Shallots and White Wine and Roast Chicken with Hand-Crushed Potatoes and Natural Jus, while a list of “plats du jour” range from Roasted Whole Fish and Herritage Farms Porkchop to Rack of Lamb. The thoughtful wine list, handpicked by co-owner Eric Lemonides, offers an affordable selection of wines by the glass or bottle from regions across France and California. A specialty cocktail list, New York state craft beer selection, and raw bar selections are all available at the restaurant’s spacious 20-seat bar. Private dining spaces are perfect for larger parties and the European-style billiards room adds to the restaurant’s charm.
Seattle, Washington
“Watching the world go by with wonderful food”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

We had the prix fixe menu, and all of the food was lovely. Sweet potato salad with red cabbage to start for both of us, with a lovely smoky olive oil on top, and cavatelli pasta with smoky roasted vegetable sauce for me, and steak with frites for my colleague, we both finished every bite. And we sat outside, watching the world go by, highly recommend.

Visited May 2014

• Korean first
Pine Grove, Pennsylvania
“Absolutely Excellent!”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I experienced Almond with 3 of my girlfriends....I can't wait to go back! We enjoyed an awesome brunch - I had their amazing Almond Hash with duck confit & duck cracklings and a delicious Blood Mary. The girls loved their ricotta pancakes, buttermilk waffles and classic eggs benedict. The service was perfect. The atmosphere was so quaint. This restaurant gets one of my highest recommendations as a place to go when you are in the city!

Long Island
“Great place for brunch in Flatiron”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Had a group of 6 at brunch in this Flatiron district restaurant. Reservation was honored on time, which is always a good sign for the first visit to a new establishment. I had heard there was a nice long line for people to get in, and when we arrived there were plenty of people standing around outside.

I had a chorizo omelet, my wife ordered a different omelet on their menu and each of our dishes was prepared well. On nice spring/summer days, there is an outdoor dining area, but we were not able to take advantage of this feature on our visit. It's somewhat noisy, due to the lack of any kind of soundproofing material (just wood accents), but that didn't stop our conversations. However, if you are seeking a quiet sedate brunch, this isn't the place. However, if you want a lively spot in a great NYC location with great food, check out Almond!

Santiago Metropolitan Region, Chile
“Excellent trendy & hypster”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I must be getting old because I was certainly the only guy without trendy facial hair at this place. Despite being a grumpy old man the food was really nice and so was the staff. It was so popular for Sat brunch that we had to eat at the bar. It was still comfortable and the food was freshly made. If you care to be seen here and apparently you should then make reservations, even for brunch.

Pine Grove, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic, must dine!”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

On our trip to NYC 4/12/2014, my daughter picked this restaurant for brunch for us and our 2 friends. The experience was fantastic. The place is attractive, the service provided by the hostess and all the wait staff was excellent. We all enjoyed the food immensley, the duck hash was recommended by our server and I think we all had plate envy as only one of us ordered it. My friend and I will be visiting again on our next trip to the city in May.
I highly recommend Almond. Overall exceptional dining experience.

Visited April 2014