“GREAT LOCATION AND GREAT SERVICE”

West 57th Street by Hilton Club
Ranked #55 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We just had another wonderful stay (June 23- July 14, 2014) at West 57th Street by Hilton Club. I was worried about overstaying our welcome, but they were always consistent with their excellent service (This is our second stay - last year, August of 2013, we stayed about 3 weeks with the same excellent experience). I would give this place 10 stars if I could! Special thanks to Miss Tracyn at the front desks for her thoughtfulness - she is always smiling friendly and very thoughtful and considerate ( my daughter Rebekah reminded me to write my review and make special mention of Miss Tracyn. My family and I so appreciated her ♥ . ). Also, special thanks to the manager ( sorry, I forgot his name; but he's soft-spoken, tall, dark, and handsome ) for being patient and kind (my husband really appreciated him). He let me switch to a newly renovated higher floor unit with a view of a rooftop garden and the top of the Empire State Building. I so enjoyed staring through the floor-to-ceiling windows at night to watch the glorious city night lights! And special thanks to the gentleman from the bell service ( I should know his name because he is the ever-so-smiling-friendly guy at the door ). He was able to get us a minivan taxi cab to fit all of us and all of our luggages and belongings - amazing! BTW, my girls and I enjoyed looking at those beautiful orchids in the lobby (it seemed like they are changed and replaced every few days or so) everyday. My son probably never noticed them :D ....

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Rose W
Write a ReviewReviews (1,451)

Reviewed July 8, 2014

The hotel is located just blocks away from Central Park, Times Square, 5th Avenue and museums. Very easy to get anywhere you need from the close subway entrances. The rooms were very nice. Beds firm and comfortable and the pull out couch the best I've ever seen (no bar in the back). The staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank Brian William D
Reviewed July 7, 2014

The gym was small and so was the room for the cost, the location is too far from anything good places to eat. The staff was in rush. There much better places to stay in NYC for the price of 400.00 for 3 days.

Room Tip: Book at another hotel that has better rates.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Douglas V
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at West 57th Street by Hilton Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced and regret that we did not provide you with the service standards we are known for here. We appreciate your advising us of your experience in order that we may correct any lapses in our service and hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future for a more enjoyable stay.

Laurie Del Sole

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Stayed in a studio unit from late June thru early July 2014. The property is clean and modern and the accommodations were spacious. Fitness center and business center on site, but no swimming pool. Friendly staff was very good and helpful with recommendations for local tours and directions to local sites. Can't beat the location. Very safe, at all times of day and night. 24 hour Walgreens (Duane Reade) store located next door. 24 hour supermarket several doors down on the same block. A Starbucks within one block in every direction. Carnegie Hall at the end of the same block. Walk a block and a half down to Seventh Street and look south---Times Square is within your view. Walk two blocks north, you're at Central Park. Walk to Times Square, Rockefeller Plaza (NBC), Union Station, Central Park, Radio City Music Hall and high end shopping on 5th Avenue. Great restaurants in all directions.

Room Tip: Rooms face either W. 57th Street or an enclosed courtyard to the rear shared with another building.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
8  Thank 63TimeTraveler
Reviewed July 5, 2014

A few years ago we overcame our skepticism and invested in this place, and about a year ago, upped our investment to "Penthouse" level, though we rarely seek one of the few penthouses. The advantage of the penthouses is that they have daily maid service. We pay a yearly assessment and real estate taxes. Especially in NYC, it's a really good deal if you visit several times a year, as we do.

It is on the same block with Carnegie Hall and The Russian Tearoom, and across the street from the new hotel/condo complex under construction that the NY Times calls the "billionaires' condo." Also on the same block are several new hotels mostly converted from former office buildings. If these sort of time share deals ever increase in value, this one should for location, location, location.

My only qualification is that it doesn't otherwise have daily maid service, though they will refresh towels and shampoos, etc., anytime you ask. Frankly, I think I'd rather pay a bit more yearly assessment and have daily maid service. What is even weirder is that if you are there three nights or less, you pay an extra $85 cleaning charge. That remains a mystery to me, and is an incentive for staying four or more nights at a time since with our points, the accommodations are "free."

Another extremely minor cavil is that they circulate the dreadful USA Today, not the NY Times.

The location is fabulous for getting to offices on in midtown East, Broadway theaters, midtown restaurants, shopping on 5th and also Madison AV, getting to Lincoln Center and all the good stuff on the upper West Side. We have family in Brooklyn, and the location is also great for getting to various subways, to get downtown as well as to Brooklyn.

The Owner's Lounge serves a pretty good free buffet breakfast and has free wine and beer and pretty decent hors d'oeuvres in late afternoon. The lounge staff is particularly pleasant. The lounge is comfortable and has a lovely outdoor patio.

The staff is generally good, though the concierges are not anything like you'd find at The Four Seasons or other high-end hotels. Don't rely on them for anything but calling your choice of restaurants for reservations.

The rooms are well designed, comfortable and quiet. The fitness center is small but serviceable. There is a decent area reserved as a business center.

As a result of our investment, we look for various Hilton sites whenever we travel. Even in visiting Harvard Square, which I have to do several times a year, we find the Hilton Doubletree across the river to be good, especially with its shuttle service to the Square, though it's not a bad walk on a nice day. We also stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn on a visit to Washington, DC when we had meetings at The White House and found it to be decent and well-located.

In short, we have no buyers remorse. I think it's totally sold out, but if you have have a need to visit NYC a few times a year or more, and have a chance to invest, I'd look into it. Not sure I'd recommend it merely as a hotel booking, for the minor reasons I mention herein, unless you get a good deal.

Room Tip: A few rooms have balconies. We prefer the higher floors, some of which have a bit of a view to Cent...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank jfhenpcek
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The location of this hotel is almost unbeatable in terms of access to most of the things you want to see in New York. The staff was mostly pleasant (with one exception). However, the rooms are quite small for a couple for what is referred to as a luxury hotel. The bed wasn't firm enough, the pillows overused, the towels hard and scratchy and grey, the bathroom pocket door did not close all the way, the light in the bathroom lights up the whole room, and our room was right next to the elevator that could be heard throughout the night. Wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joel V
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at West 57th Street by Hilton Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that your service experience with us did not meet your expectations. Comments like yours help us pinpoint areas where we can make improvements. This is certainly not indicative of the service levels that we pride ourselves. Kindly contact me personally at ldelsole@hgvc.com as I would welcome the opportunity to restore your faith and regain your confidence in us. I look forward to hearing from you and in the interim; we remain at your service.

Laurie Del Sole

Reviewed June 30, 2014

wonderful staff, location, comfortable bed, loved the Kuerig coffee and coffee maker in the room. After quick phone call to request allergy-free items, really appreciated fragrance-free, feather-free room.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple