Tripadvisor

OR
Order Online
Ranked #2,082 of 15,322 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Description: Referred to as a staple of Israeli cuisine, kubeh, similar to dumplings, has been around the middle east for years and served in a variety of forms, from fried or boiled to baked or raw. Chef Melanie Shurka brings her experience cooking kubeh to a restaurant of the same name at Kubeh in New York, NY, to provide unique and delicious middle eastern food for many to enjoy. When developing the recipes, Chef Shurka spent her time in many different restaurants and homes where Israeli cooking was prominent. She learned the tips and tricks that have been passed down from generation to generation and takes great pride in giving her customers a taste of middle eastern food that is genuine and finely crafted. Each piece of kubeh is rolled by hand delicately and filled with the finest and freshest ingredients available. The meat comes from small family farms that treat their animals humanely and are both 100 percent antibiotic and hormone free.
Reviewed January 21, 2020

This is definitely a neighborhood fine. Everything was good and in most cases quite good. We ordered too much only because there was so much to choose from. The service is good too.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (50)

Reviewed January 19, 2020

We stumbled across Kubeh while looking for somewhere for dinner and were so glad we did! The menu was really interesting and the food was delicious. Would highly recommend!

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

I had high expectations visiting this restaurant since they serve a food that is close to my heart (you guessed it: Kubeh). Coming into the restaurant I was greated by the bartender and then one of my waitresses who seated me. When I was seated happy hour was just about to end, but I wanted to order from the regular menu. The waitress talked to the kitchen to speed up my order since I still had 15 minutes left until happy hour was officially over. I waited and ordered the Kubeh (Kurdish type) and something to drink. The food came quite fast and overall a good presentation and good taste to the Kubeh. Only downside for me was the meal size, was expecting a bit more honestly. Finished with some delicious Knafeh. But I liked the ambiance of this place, the helpful waitresses and I think it's worth a visit if you like middle eastern cuisine or want to try something new.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed November 1, 2019 via mobile

Ok so I came here with a couple of friends because one is obssessed with Israel and its food. Lemme just start saying that the “kubeh” plate of soup is NOT WORTH the $17. Sure the hummus was good at the beginning, but so is Sabra’s and Halal Guys’. The soup was just a plain broth, with pieces of dumpling, and no flavor to write home about. I do not know if that is what it is supposed to be, but if it is, not worth going to a NYC restaurant for it. My mom’s soup is way more flavorful than this.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed October 28, 2019 via mobile

I ADORE this restaurant. The food the service the ambiance EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!!!!!
They offer a fabulous variety of the most delicious food and the service is helpful and charming
My favorite restaurant in NYC