other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Terrible
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Michael B
Toronto
“Shabby”
Reviewed November 15, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

The apartment was so disappointing. We would have left but due to family commitments and timing we stayed.
Here are a few of the issues:
Bathtub had peeling paint
The shower water was either scalding hot or cold - we had to take cool showers
The lights kept flickering on and off - some were not operational
The locks to the apartment were not all working; only one flimsy lock as you went out
The rug in the bedroom was dirty
The towel and hand cloth provided for one person (when they knew a couple was coming) when brought to the attention of the manager a day later another set of towels was provided- both sets were musty
The bed was made with wrinkled bed sheets
There was no ventilation in the kitchen for cooking purposes
The furniture was worn and shabby
The kitchen was without a drying rack for dishes
The hallways in the building were dark and dingy
There were no proper lights for reading
And though the property manager Ceci was pleasant and left a bottle of wine and chocolates and chips this could not makes this apartment “cozy” as described.
We travel worldwide, usually staying in vacation rentals. We come twice a year to NYC and this was by far the most disappointing place we have ever stayed. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Nov 17, 2017
I would NOT recommend theses guests. They stayed 4 nights and 5 days in the apartment. They rearranged the furniture in the entire apartment of which I had to get someone to replace in its original position. Two towels and two wash cloths were left for guests in a gift basket with hotel style disposables, wine water, chocolates etc., which was sufficient for a 4 night stay. This is not a hotel, and when 2 additional towels were requested the night of check in, they were delivered the next day. The guests expected pressed sheets and complained about everything possible after check out and requested compensation when they could have cancelled and found other accommodations.I believe that these guests stay at different locations and find ways to ask for refunds or compensation and this was the plan all along especially after meeting me in person. Below I have listed all their complaints which in my opinion were quite excessive and those bought to my attention were taken care of in a timely manner.

1. TV only provided pay-for services.

The TV has Apple TV with 2 remote controls. One to turn on the TV and other for the Apple router. I explained on check in that the TV was Apple TV, any questions or concerns you had should have been voiced then.

2. I challenge you to find a setting between scalding and ice cold.

I am sorry but I do not have control over hot and cold water within the building. I tested this myself and you are able to adjust the settings from each side to the appropriate temperature to suit your needs.

3. Sheets on bed not pressed.

Laundry is dropped off and picked up. I do not know any property managers that has their sheets pressed for a regular rental unless its a milti-million dollar home which this apartment is not. It is expensive and time consuming. The $100 cleaning fee you were charged is not enough to have housekeepers press sheets and towels.

4. No hand towels just face cloth and bath towel.

Hand towels could have been requested and delivered just as the additional towels you requested was delivered the next day.

5. Rug dirty and worn in bedroom.

This is a matter of opinion. No other guests have complained about the rug in the bedroom where 90% of it rests under the bed.

6. Bathtub chipped and coating peeling. This is a very small area that has been fixed thanks for bringing my attention to it. It must have happened with the last guests as I was not aware of it. I took a photo of the very small area you are referring to and has been fixed.

7. Kitchen not vented for cooking Kitchen.

This is out of my control. This is the style of the kitchen in the building that came with the apartment. The kitchen and apartment are clearly shown in the photos on the listing.

8. No dish towel or drying rack for dishes.

Again, all located in the apartment and could have been delivered or if asked would have explained where to find them.

9. Furniture worn out and dirty.

This is a matter of opinion. No other guests have had complaints about the furniture.

10. No toilet plunger. Any plumbing issues is handled by the super of the building who is on call 24 hours a day. We do not recommend guests handling anything plumbing related.

11. No vacuum cleaner. There is a vacuum cleaner located in the closet. If asked could have been very easily explained where to find it. However, not sure why a vacuum cleaner is needed for a 4 night stay and I was always avaialbe to you during your stay and addressed any concerns you had in a timely manner.

I am offended by your remark that the apartment is "shabby".Trip Advisor asked for photos of proof of your claims which I have not seen. We have had many guests stay at this apartment with no complaints but only gave great reviews.The apartment looks exactly as in the photos on the listing and I do not think that they should have waited until days after they checked out to request a refund. If they were that unhappy, a cancellation on the day of their arrival would have been a better solution instead of staying 4 nights and 5 days in an apartment they were not pleased with and then asking for a refund after check out.

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing
;