“Fabulous staff, location is perfect and room was immaculate.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lotte New York Palace

Lotte New York Palace
Ranked #80 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Brookhaven, Pennsylvania
“Fabulous staff, location is perfect and room was immaculate.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Wow, a great fancy hotel experience! Close to all shopping, walking is easy to Central Park, Rockefeller square and great restaurants all around the hotel. The pomme palais is fabulous for coffee and delicious pastries. The French themed coffee shop had top notch delicacies and fancy pastries worth coming back for!

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (823)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

The midtown location was perfect for my stay. A short walk from Grand Central & Times Square. the line at check in was super long. I had arrived early (as apparently many others did too), but they still had my room ready. The gentlemen who checked me gave me all the relevant information about the hotel (restaurants, bars, etc) which was very helpful. The rooms are well maintained, but the carpet did seem a little bit old. The bed was super comfortable. The only drawback to the room was the extremely loud chain that raised and lowered the blinds. You could hear the next door occupant raising or lowering their blinds as if they were in the same room. Other than that, my stay was perfect. Would definitely visit again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
      Location
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for three days and a wonderful time. Hotel is beautiful and staff is very attentive. Great location to jot everything in NYC. Terrific breakfast via Room Service and Pomme Palais is very cool. Front Desk staff was excellent and helpful. Will return!

Stayed July 2014
Fairfax, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

I chose this hotel for location and price, but expected a typical tiny NYC room and bathroom. When my husband checked in he told me we had been triple upgraded. Our room was enormous by any standard, not just NYC standards, and the view of the cathedral and further west was magnificent. The room and bathroom had been recently renovated and were beautiful and luxurious. The bed was very comfy. My only gripe was that there was no bathroom fan; no sure why there wasn't one installed during renovation, very odd, and the towels weren't up to par, they were a bit stiff and scratchy. On our first morning there was no bath mat. However, it certainly wasn't worth complaining about since everything else was of such a high standard and I was delighted with all other aspects of the hotel. The concierge and bellman were helpful and polite. Given the right rate, as we were this time, I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

This past weekend my mother and I stayed the night at the New York Palace as a girls get away. I wanted to treat her and the Palace was the perfect place! I spoke to Emily from guest experience before we arrived and she was amazing and so accommodating. I wanted our stay to be special and Emily did just that! She made sure to follow up with us and make our stay memorable. We had a large room which is very uncommon when staying in New York even for nice hotels. We had an amazing view of Saint Patrick's Cathedral which was beautiful. She really made our stay great!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Natalie B
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

I stayed here for a few days before a business trip in NYC. My wife picked it out and it was much better than the Hilton we transferred to when business kicked in. It's a smaller hotel (boutique?) and is kinda trendy. The room was very modern and clean. The view was of a construction site, but you don't stay in your room when you are in NYC! The location was excellent. It's right on Madison avenue and one block over from 5th ave where all the fancy shopping is. You can walk to time square, broadway, and grand central station from here. The combination of everything was just right. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: It's a few blocks away from Time Square. Trust me, you don't want to be in the middle of tha...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Seoul, South Korea
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

I used to stay here on business trips in the early 2000s and recently stayed here for a quick trip to NYC. I was originally planning to stay at another hotel but was surprised how cheap the rates were on short notice (2 days ahead)- less than U$300 on trip advisor. Other than the great price, the location is pretty central for business or pleasure. Rooms are also on the largish size & have been refurbished since my earlier visits although the toilets are still small and look the same. I can't comment on the food as I did not eat at the hotel.

What was strange for a 5 star hotel was the lack of slippers for your room, or a free bottle of water (apparently tap water is fine). OK, I can probably live without these but what I didn't appreciate was the weak wifi connection (and I paid extra for it). Overall, I can't complain as I got a great hotel rate, although I would probably not stay here for the full price.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo