WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #92 of 477 Hotels in New York City
Crystal river
“Great location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for our 10 year anniversary and it was amazing! We upgraded to a corner suite from a corner room and it was huge! Great views of St Patricks cathedral and city. We didn't realize how close we were to Times Square until we actually started exploring. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (786)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

This is a great property in a nice section of mid town Manhattan. Check in was a bit slow, but other people offered very good service. Fitness center has a nice selection of equipment and weights. In room is very comfortavle

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank TJC22
nypalace, General Manager at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear TJC22,

Thank you for your great review. I am glad that you had a great stay and enjoyed our world class service. I Hope to welcome you back in the future.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

The renovation has made this my favorite hotel in NYC. The rooms are open, modern and gorgeous. The hotel staff is friendly and attentive. Location remains outstanding and the views now are matched by the interiors. I would highly recommend.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank KhalidM1
Dear KhalidM1,

Thank you for sharing your experience at The New York Palace. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope to welcome you back for another great experience.

Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Hotel was a little over priced for the amenities included, however the location is fantastic for daytime activities around NYC! Be aware that if you are hungry past 10PM there aren't any places that deliver to the hotel. Their room service is rather slow. They told us it would take an hour to an hour and a half to get our food.

Lots of business people at the hotel, so I am guessing it must be a convenience for them.

The gym is GREAT! lots of treadmills and weight machines. Everything I use at home was there for me.

If you are getting double bed room - note that the two beds are NOT queen, but rather FULL size.. and a small full size at that.

Staff was wonderful! Everyone from doorman to security were helpful and polite.

Room Tip: Go for higher floors. Anything about 30 should avoid construction workers being outside of your win...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Natasax,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel and for your sincere feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay our Fitness Center. We do have rooms with two queen beds in our Towers section. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for another fantastic stay.

Indianapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

The Palace is becoming my go to hotel when I travel to the city for work. Rooms are massive by NYC standards. Service is always exceptional and most importantly for me a great shower. So convenient to the majority of the city. Looking forward to my next stay.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Indykota,

Thank you for this amazing review. I look very much forward to welcome you back as well.

Leuven, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

What an absolute gem we found, The service was great, the food to die for. Clean cosy rooms.
In all a wonderful Hotel. We already made our booking for next year and will bring our parents with. Thank you once again for making our stay so perfect.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 299Hans,

I am thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful stay and look forward to welcome you back with your parents next time.

Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

I booked 2 rooms at the New York Palace recently when I took my 18-year-old daughter and 3 of her friends to New York for the Governors Ball music festival. I booked what they were calling their "family values" rate: book one room and get the second room half price. A few days before our departure, I received an email asking if I would like to request an upgrade on our rooms. Assuming this was similar to other hotel's upgrade programs where they offer unsold upgraded rooms on check-in at a greatly reduced price, I clicked the button to request and upgrade. This took me to a new page that simply said "upgrade request received" and nothing else about price info, what the rooms were, or anything. After waiting quite awhile to check in (more on the absurd check-in waits later), I was told that one of our rooms was upgraded to a tower room and the other was in the old part of the hotel. The best part though was the one upgraded room cost TWICE as much as the room I booked! I explained about the "upgrade" procedure I went through and that it didn't say anything about price and the front desk associate, Ava, offered to switch back to my original reservation and I said fine. I would like to say that Ava was absolutely incredible and, if it weren't for her, I probably would have thrown in the towel and moved down the street to the Waldorf after what we went through next. One of our rooms was ready when we checked in but the other was not yet clean. We took all our things to the one that was ready and proceeded out to get some lunch and do some shopping. Ava told me someone would call me when the room was ready, which they did, but my phone had died and I did not get the call. When we returned, I waited in the long check-in line a second time to pick up the key to the second room. I once again saw Ava, who quickly found out that the room we were supposed to get, next to the first room, had been given to someone else because I did not answer when they called and tell them I wanted the room. Seriously? It reminded me of the Seinfeld episode about the rental car company being able to TAKE the reservation but not HOLD the reservation! Did they think I wouldn't want the room I booked? The only room with two beds she could give me at the time was on the 10th floor--15 floors away from the first room. Did I mention I was traveling with FOUR teenage girls? I reluctantly accepted the room after being assured that the adjacent room would be available the next day and we could move. When I got back to my room I thought about it some more and decided the situation was not acceptable. I had booked two rooms under their so-called "family values" plan and I expected to get two rooms that were at least on the same floor! So, back to stand in the check-in line again. I realized, on wait number three, why the line takes so long: many people had been given the upgrade scam and their reservations had to be totally re-done. I waited 30 minutes to talk to Ava again because I didn't want to start the whole process over and I was beginning to have a personal relationship with her! I explained my point of view about the rooms being so far from each other and that I didn't want to move all of our stuff the following day. Ava was so incredibly helpful and was not satisfied until I was satisfied. Finally, she found another room on the 10th floor and I moved down. Like I said earlier, if not for Ava I would have left for another hotel.

The positives: the rooms are very large, clean and bright with very nice views. All the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. The location is fantastic. The food in the little cafe was very good. The rooms were pretty quiet, even as low as the 10th floor. Were it not for the horrible check-in experience, I would have rated the Palace a 5. It should not take over 2 hours to get checked into the rooms that were booked!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor. Do NOT respond to the "upgrade" email unless you want to pay double!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank deathbycupcake
Dear deathbycupcake,

Thank you for your sincere and detailed feedback. I am so sorry for all the confusion and glad to hear that Ava provided you with excellent service therefore making your experience a pleasant one. After all, this is all we strive for at the New York Palace: To make our guests happy and provide memorable stays.

I look forward to welcome you and your family back.