“An outright palace for sure.”

Lotte New York Palace
Ranked #82 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Never have I stayed in a hotel in New York that was roomy, comfortable and with such a spectacular view to Manhattan. I stayed only one night, but wanted to stay forever! The bed was to die for. While the room service was costly, I instead opted to walk down to the cafe in the foyer. Great options to dine in and take out. I took a Greek yogurt,fruit-cup and coffee back to my room and enjoyed breakfast there. Would go back without a second thought. Not the least expensive places to stay, but the most central and spectacular option; definitely worth the spend.

• Stayed: March 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (3,750)

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We stayed at the Hotel last Saturday night, 3/22/-3/23 we were in visiting family from Scotland who were staying there and what a treat. The Staff were incredible, courteous, and on top of everything. My husband is handicapped and whenever we had a problem they were there to help. We had ordered flowers to be in the room when my cousins arrived but they inadvertently were delivered to the wrong room, Emily, at Guest Services, not only ordered a new bouquet but delivered them herself and added a bottle of wine which they delivered to their table in the Hotel diningroom. She also upgraded our room to the 20th flooor which was spacious, elegant and had a "drop dead view" of St. Patrick's Cathedral and a first for an overnight stay in New York the room was very quiet. We didn't eat at the hotel but plan to on our next visit. Our thanks to Emily, Gary and all of the Bellmen, Danielle at the desk and so many others. Thank you.

Room Tip: We were in Room 2023 with a fabulous view of 5th Avenue and St. Patrick's Cathedral....the heati...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Rnladyr
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Had a great 5 nights here. You just can't fault the classy feel of this hotel. Staff are all super, and are very helpful, the refurbished rooms on the higher floors are defiantly worth the extra money, and we had a great view of St Patricks. We had one night in the Waldorf Astoria around the corner, but there was no comparison to the uber luxury at NYP. We had breakfast at the hotel restaurant, and it was pure indulgence.....highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 220WWW
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We have stayed here three times, with diminishing satisfaction.

The pluses to this hotel are a great hotel and a truly spectactular lobby. The views from many rooms are great because the building is quite tall.

But the rooms vary in quality and many are typical old-fashioned NY hotel rooms. The bathrooms are plain. But what is really annoying is the quality of the service. The concierge is fine. But the other staff seem uncoordinated. One time we stayed there, someone at the front desk told us the breakfast room was closed and we had to eat in our room. Turned out that was completely wrong. Another time there was constant noise from the room next door. It took them two hours to take care of the problem. Room service can be quite a wait at times.

So, this is a mixed bag. Just so you know in advance

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I would like to share a wonderful experience that I recently had while staying at the New York Palace. It was one of those four cities in three days trips, the ones that look so manageable on the Outlook calendar. All it takes is one hiccup to set you on your heals. Pushing onward you drive through, but it is only at 80%. I have had the opportunity to stay at some of the leading hotels across the U.S., rated with stars and diamonds, however the one thing that sets a world class hotel apart is the service of the staff. Arriving road worn at the NY Palace for business, I was greeted at Reception by Lincy Jemjitpolchai. It was much too early for any rooms to be ready but she took great initiative and treated me with a great deal of compassion and attention. She reserved an excellent room for my stay, which I fully expected to be lost by the time I was to return to the hotel. To my surprise I received a personal call from Lincy during the day that my room was now available and when I arrived back at the Hotel late in the evening, I was directed to the room on the floor that Lincy had promised. This hotel, aside from its fantastic amenities and location is built on the service of the excellent staff such as Lincy who carry through on their promises.

Room Tip: Be kind to the wonderful staff, an ounce of honey will attract more bees than a gallon of vinegar.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I recently stayed at The Palace Hotel NYC from 3/4 - 3/8. As a tourist, I so appreciated and want to give major Kudos to the following Bellmen who went out of their way to help my friends and I: MATT CIFUNI, TOM RENNA, GARY MAZZOCHI, AND SOREN ABAYA. In addition, there were two men who stood out in the cold and hailed a cab for us as well as making sure the Cabbies were charging us a fair price, but I do not have their names. My friends and I LOVED the Hotel and highly recommend it! We loved NYC!!
Bonnie Brooks

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bonnie B
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I stayed here in September 2012 for my wedding. My husband and I got married in Central Park and based ourselves here for our time in New York. The hotel is beautiful and we managed to have some of our wedding photos taken here which we're stunning. We had a room facing the cathedral- it was large and luxurious. The staff were very helpful. The hotel kindly gave us some champagne on our wedding day which added to the wonderful day. I would love to come back and stay at this hotel.

The hotel is located two blocks or five minutes walk from Rockefeller centre and the subway is also close by. Amazing.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple