“Great deal for the time of year, but not the 5 star hotel it used to be”

Lotte New York Palace
Ranked #87 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Great deal for the time of year, but not the 5 star hotel it used to be”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

The room was very well appointed, large, and comfortable. But the hotel seems to have lost its place among the posh hotels in New York. We got a great rate with internet which was great, but I wouldn't choose it over other hotels in its price range in NY.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
nypalace, General Manager at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Jessica2830,

I sincerely apologize for not exceeding your expectations and I hope you will give us another chance to show you that we can indeed provide our guests with wonderful experiences.

David Chase

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (912)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This hotel knows how to please its customers. The hotel was able to accommodate an early check-in, which was fantastic for us. The room was very spacious (especially by New York standard), and had a great view. The room was recently renovated, and beautiful. The concierge were extremely helpful in recommending great restaurants, and getting us reservations at our desired location. The hotel is very well situated. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room. Call ahead!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear cloma099,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and experienced superb service from our world class Concierge.

Thank you for sharing your experience at the New York Palace and I hope to welcome you back sometime in the future for another fantastic stay.

Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This review should count for 325 reviews! I cannot say enough about my experience with all facets of the New York Palace. First off, it's a beautiful hotel, well furnished, clean and the history of the property is just fascinating.
January 2014 I booked over 300 rooms for a convention, NOT ONE complaint, that speaks volumes in itself. The staff, from meeting and planning to the front desk and concierge (best advice for restaurants whatever your budget) was top notch and deserve high praise. Their recent renovations are just brilliant. They managed to keep the history of the hotel in tack all while making it “user friendly” for all types of clientele and believe me I had all types from all over the US and abroad! If you are traveling to New York, whether it is for business or leisure, the Palace will not disappoint. Its location is safe and convenient for shopping, theatres and Grand Central Station along with some of the best restaurants the city has to offer!

Room Tip: The tower rooms are spectacular, if you are hosting a meeting book one of the "corner tower sui...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank cherylm204
Dear Cheryl M,

Thank you for taking the time to write this spectacular review and share the experience you and your group had at the New York Palace.

I am thrilled that we exceeded your expectations and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife stayed for 8 nights at NY Palace and it was a very nice experience for us.

The hotel had renovation; 'modern' structure but keeps it's 'essence' alive. We love it. Moreover our room's view was St Patrick Cathedral which is very close to hotel, just one pass by the street.

The room was large enough for us, we found what we need and the bathroom was pretty cool and modern. The restaurants were elegant, we had breakfast and dinner several times. Michel, executive chief, is the main reason why we chose the dining.

Special thanks to Ani from concierge, she was so helpfull to us. She answered all questions, found solutions and helped our social participations. Before we had been at the hotel we gave some orders from Amazon and we had all orders without anything missed. Ani also helped us to package them for international flight.

What is one of the most amazing of the hotel is it's destination. It is close to Time Square, Central Park, Broadway and 5th Avenue. We were lucky because my wife was pregnant we didn't have to walk that much during our trip. 5-10 mins to favorite locations that was a big plus for us.

For the next trip, we will definetely stay at the NY Palace again.

Ihsan
Istanbul, Turkey

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ihsan y
nypalace, General Manager at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear ihsan y,

Thank you for taking the time to share your incredible experience at the New York Palace. I am thrilled to hear that you also had a chance to enjoy our new Villard restaurant by the acclaimed Chef Michel Richard.

I will pass your kind comments on to our wonderful Ani at the Concierge desk and we look very much forward to your next stay.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I saved and saved to go to New York. I wanted to stay at The New York Palace sooooo bad! The cost was double what I wanted to spend, but I knew I wanted to stay and do all the things I really wanted to do in New York. Let me say this.... I don't regret spending the extra at all!!! The service was awesome! The room was beautiful(we got a remodeled skyline room) and the bed was cozy! I wish I could post a picture of the beautiful night view from my bed. When the snow started falling, that was icing on the cake! We even seen one of our favorite celebrities in the little coffee shop. I can't wait to get back to The New York Palace!!!!!! Such a beautiful place to go during Christmas.

• Stayed December 2013
nypalace, General Manager at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Sumwis 1,

Thank you for taking the time to write this amazing review and share your fantastic experience at The New York Palace during Christmas time. I am incredibly happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much and we hope to welcome you back for another memorable experience.

Queens
Reviewed March 3, 2014

This hotel lives up to its name. It's beautiful on approach - I mean breathe taking!! The details of every room leave you feeling like you’re in a palace. The staff was amazing - polite, helpful, warm, and welcoming. They made it feel as though they had been waiting for me to arrive and were honestly pleased to have me! This is the type of things I look for in a hotel and at a price tag of 600 per night I would expect nothing less. I upgraded my room before coming in that day for $10.00 and got a gorgeous view on a high floor. I suggest keeping cash on hand for tipping - a little cash goes a long away. (If you don’t have any there is an ATM past the lobby on the left ).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MissInternational080
nypalace, Guest Relations Manager at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear MissInternational080,

Thank your for taking the time to share your amazing experience at The New York Palace. We were indeed honestly happy to have you as our guest and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you once again.

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

I recently spent two nights at this property. The lady at the check in was not very friendly and welcoming. The room requested with a king size bed was not available. Even though the hotel has been renovated, the rooms are very average and the bathrooms are still dated. The wifi is terrible, especially when they charge $15 per day. I have stayed at many other properties in New York and will do that the next time. This is a very overpriced and overhyped hotel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank VRJL
Dear VRJL,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay. I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you personally in regards to your experience at our hotel.

Please kindly contact me at your convenience at executive@nypalace.com so that we can discuss this further.