“Perfect Anniversary stay”

Ranked #81 of 467 Hotels in New York City
East Meadow, New York
“Perfect Anniversary stay”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for our 6th year anniversary. The hotel was very nice and clean, staff was polite, rooms were excellent in size. Close to all places. We walked to our Broadway show and to dinner. We ended the night extra special by ordering dessert from room service :) Would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
nypalace, General Manager at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear Eileen P,

I am glad to hear that your enjoyed your stay and was happy with our rooms and location. Thank you for choosing The New York Palace to celebrate your very special 6th wedding anniversary.

I look forward to welcome you and your husband back to our hotel for another fantastic experience.

David Chase

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (894)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Yonkers, New York
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Stayed here on business. Holy potholes there are like trenches in the blocks around this hotel. Good customer service. Super expensive room service, figured I’d try it since living in NY all my life and I have never stayed in a hotel in the city. A truly beautiful hotel with amazing views. I checked in super late and I usually travel alone. It’s around 10:30 I get to my room and the key doesn’t work. I have a million things in my hand for my meeting the next day. People this whole key that you wave in front of the door…what’s next a retinal scan? Not a fan ANDDDD the TV was on. So I was pretty scared and certain I was going to walk in on someone. Don’t keep the TV on for guests, I don’t get it and it was loud enough where I really thought someone was occupying the room. The front desk should have let me drop off my things for the meeting the next day, when I came back down for my key they did take the things off my hands….maybe because I was sweating and starting to frizz. One problem the next day…some of the pens I brought for the meeting magically disappeared. Still don’t know what happened to them. We didn’t do a full lunch but the snacks were amazing but for a $10,000 minimum? They should have carried you around and included a foot massage.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
nypalace, General Manager at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear epoh84,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the New York Palace. I am glad to hear that you had an amazing stay and is so appreciative of our newly renovated rooms, the astonishing views and our superior service.

Please accept my apologies in regards to the TV volume in your room. Having our guest's comfort and convenience always in our minds, we have our operational system automatically turn on the TV the moment you check in at the Front Desk. We will however discuss your comments with our team to ensure that we can enhance our guest's experience.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Midlothian, Virginia
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Stayed at the Palace in February this year. During the Olympics. Would have been great to relax and watch the evening NBC replay of the day but for the first 2 days of our stay, the tv was not working. No positive response from the palace other than "sorry, we are working on it". Usually very responsive and service oriented, but not this trip. Also, the ice buckets and evening ice and turndown seem to have been removed with the remodel. Missed that service!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking StPatricks. Beautiful
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Connie2410
Dear Connie2410,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and give us some feedback in regards to your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for the TV issues you experienced due to the snow storm that has affected NYC this February and I am glad that we were able to correct the issue and prevent it from happening again.

I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed the fantastic views from your room. Please be assured that we will discuss your comments in regards to your service concern and turndown service which we do provide complimentary on a daily basis to all our Towers guests.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back once again for another great stay.

New York City, New York
Reviewed February 25, 2014

The staff was incredibly responsive and helpful--my boyfriend needed pants pressed for an event the evening after we checked in, and they not only came to the room and picked up the pants but brought them back within 2 hours, well in time for the event. The room was exceptionally clean and well maintained, and when we called to request a late check out the front desk was exceptionally accommodating. The location is excellent, and our room had a fantastic view of St. Patrick's. We also enjoyed the bar, Trouble's Trust, for night caps and pre-dinner cocktails. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
nypalace, General Manager at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Mary A,

Thank you for your amazing review. I am glad to hear that you had a fantastic stay and enjoyed your room and the panoramic views immensely.

I hope to welcome you back for another wonderful stay.

Memphis, TN
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We had a nice stay, overall. However, the room we were in was dated, albeit well maintained. As I understand it, the hotel is in the midst of remodeling at this time. If you're looking for old world service and an excellent locations, The New York Palace is the place to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
nypalace, General Manager at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear JMSinMEM,

Thank you for sharing your experience in regards to your stay back in November. I am happy to report that our renovation is now fully completed and all rooms have been remodeled as well as our public spaces.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to enjoy everything the newly renovated New York Palace has to offer.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I just wanted to state that The New York Palace is an excellent hotel! Spent 2 nights there, and couldn't have enjoyed it more! My room was wonderful - GREAT view! I must commend "BITAN" at the front desk! He couldn't have been more helpful! Had lunch at the hotel two days - very, very good! Concierge was most helpful, as well! Patisserie was delicious and the guys working there were so friendly! Lounge across from Patisserie very comfortable! Would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 10th floor and it was lovely!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Miss Aiken Wright,

I am extremely glad to hear that you had such a fantastic stay. I will most certainly pass your nice comments on to our staff specially Bitan and the Concierge.

We truly hope to welcome you back for another wonderful experience.

London
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

What a dreadful disappointment. What a great location. What history. What lovely website photos. Having stayed here many times in its heyday, how awful to see such a poor quality refurbishment in the normal and Tower rooms (non-existent refurb in the gym area). Pity. BUT there is NO EXCUSE for rude, unhelpful, indifferent and poor service - in particular in the front of house. Concierges that dont call back, inflexible and poor check-in and check-out, blocked plumbing, extortionate room service prices for mediocre fare. Just shambolic. Oh and don't bother replying to this review saying how disappointed you are that I was unhappy. Nobody even bothered to ask how my stay was when I checked out - or I would have told you there and then. Leona Helmsley spins in her grave.

Stayed February 2014
4 Thank FrequentlyFussy
Dear Frequently Fussy,

I would love to have the opportunity to speak with personally you in regards to your recent experience. You are absolutely right when you say that there is no excuse for not providing stellar service. Please kindly reach me at executive@nypalace.com so that we can discuss the issues you have encountered during your stay.