“Prompt and Helpful Service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lotte New York Palace

Lotte New York Palace
Ranked #83 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Toronto, Ontario
“Prompt and Helpful Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

My Managing Director stayed here and forgot to pick up his invoice on the way out. When I called in to get the invoice I spoke with John Adikimenakis, their Junior Staff Accountant, who was fantastic. He was very helpful and had the invoice emailed to me within an hour of my calling in. This was hands down the best experience I have had when calling a New York hotel to recover a missing invoice! I will definitely be booking my guys here whenever they stay in NYC.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JacquieT

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (833)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cambridge, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Great room. Very larger and incredible view from higher floors. Great open courtyard as well and great location.
Lobby is a bit cramped and small reception area. First impression is decent but not spectacular. But the rooms are just brilliant.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
nypalace, General Manager at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Stefan A,

Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our spacious rooms and beautiful views. Since your stay in January, we have renovated our guestrooms and public areas. We hope to welcome you back soon so that you may experience our new facilities firsthand.

New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stayed at the New York Palace 5 nights 9/20 - 9/25 - both booked through a third party (Hotels Tonight and then Priceline). Given that the entire U.N. was in NYC and easily hotels were priced north of $350 per night, I got great deals on these bookings.

Anyway, I travel a lot, and I've stayed at much nicer NY hotels. When I got there (1am on a Friday night), there was construction going on all over the lobby. I went to my room - it faced another close building. I've stayed in GORGEOUS rooms facing the empire state building elsewhere, so my expectations are usually high if I'm paying more. Also, maybe now I'm being picky but at other hotels, you almost always get free coffee. In fact, before staying here I don't remember the last place I stayed that didn't have coffee.

The iPod docking station didn't work either. Maybe it was just my iPod...

I went into the mini fridge to see if there was space for an orange juice I had bought and I noticed a smell, like yogurt that had been sitting for a couple of days. Sure enough, there was an open yogurt container and half eaten. I called room service and they came to refresh immediately. The man was nice enough to give me a free water and cashews, so the service is definitely great.

I originally only planned to stay here the first 3 nights, so I checked out Monday morning with no hotel booked for the rest of my stay yet. I figured I could book through Hotel Tonight again and pick another hotel. When I went to check out, they had charged me for all of the items that had been "Refreshed" in the mini fridge, which had obviously been removed without my eating them. They fixed it, but errors like that shoudn't happen at hotels like these to begin with.

I left my bags with their concierge and went to work. At work, I realized that I had left my reading glasses in the room (I had dropped my glasses between the bed and nightstand the night before and didn't pick it up before leaving the room). So I called them... no glasses. It's not possible for them to be lost elsewhere. A) I'm completely sure I forgot them in the room and B) I left all of my luggage with the Concierge and only brought a small bag to work, so I couldn't have them on me to lose myself. I called back later, asked them to double check, still no glasses. I'm still sure they are there, or that someone stepped on them and decided to throw them away (if that's the case, they were insured so I still want them!). That was the biggest disappointment.

I went to Hotel Tonight to figure out my plan for the next few days and there was nothing available for 2 days, so I went on Priceline and decided to bid blindly. New York Palace again. It says a lot about my experience if the only positive part of getting this hotel again was the fact that I wouldn't have to move my luggage across town. I went to check in again later and they gave me a room right above the previous one, facing the same building. So I think they save those rooms for travelers booking through third party websites.

Before I finish this review, I do want to say the biggest positive in the hotel was the water pressure. Best water pressure ever. I don't think I've enjoyed taking a shower as much as I did here, ever.

All in all though, unless I happen to get this hotel through blind bidding again, I probably wouldn't choose to stay here.

And if the New York Palace reads my review and finds my glasses, please return them! I believe the room was 1507.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

stayed here in early Sept for my honeymoon, we arrived extremely late due to a change of flight, ordered room service and nearly fainted at the hidden prices!!!! $ 120 FOR BURGER AND CHIPS,SANDWICH,TEA AND COKE!!!
room change 24 hrs later due to upgrade, which was ok.
hotel location is excellent, so central.
door staff were very helpful and witty, reception staff were ok, hit and miss really.
Wifi in the room was non existent which i was surprised at being in New York
The management did give us a bottle of wine and fruit as a gift, which was really nice
Would i stay there again?? probably not was upset at the service for the costs involved but location and door staff were fantastic

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Robert b
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed at the New York Palace for one night. The Palace is currently undergoing some major refurbishment, and I had been assigned a brand new room on the 38th floor out of 39. I really enjoyed the view from my window and found the room very comfortable and spacious.

The staff at the check in desk are very friendly. I was allowed to check in a couple of hours early and received a free upgrade in the process. Would definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
nypalace, General Manager at Lotte New York Palace, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear majicka,

Thank you for taking time out to share your experience. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and beautiful city views. I will be sure to share your compliments with the team, particularly the front desk.

Our renovation is now complete! We look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy all of our new facilities.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

Really nice hotel, Great decor and grounds. The hotel was how you would imagine a NYC hotel to look like at Christmas. The hotel is extremely busy but that is to be expected at the busiest time of year. The concerige/door staff I would give a particular thank you to! If you have a question ask away there is'nt a single corner store or street they dont know about and always gave safe and solid recommendations.
Would recommend, perfect position in the city.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Emad M
Dear Emad M,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your holiday with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again this year.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Working, living and growing up in the New York area it is hard to find not just the time, but the elegance and charm of getting away for a night as if we were here as guests of the city. The New York Palace exemplified exactly what I was looking for in that experience. We had to attend a day/evening long wedding in Central Park and the UES, but wanted a beautiful location that was a class act to stay at and make the night something a little more special than returning back to our apartment. The renovations at the Palace where appropriate by modernizing the amenities without disrupting the rich history, architecture and charm of the hotel. The best thing is the staff was able to accommodate an early check in in the midst of the many U.N. delegates arriving for their lengthy stay at the Palace. Clean, a great respect for privacy and ease to cabs and subway lines were wonderful. The late night lounge within the hotel added some additional downtime comfort and the best thing is still a competition between the California King or the spectacular view of St. Patrick's Cathedral. A New York gem, old is outstandingly new again!
Alex

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing west towards St. Patrick's cathedral