“Nice Hotel”
Review of Hotel 31

Hotel 31
Ranked #223 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I booked this hotel on Booking.com next time I'll use hotels website.Good location,less than $200 for 2 nights,private bath on Superbowl weekend. Quiet,clean what more could you want in this price range?

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank sligo11

Reviewed February 1, 2014

I do not write reviews too often but I felt this hotel needed to be reviewed. We arrived to NYC early so I called to see if we could check in early. The person that answered the phone was extremely pleasant and said we could check in early. He also gave us directions from Grand Central to the hotel ( a nice easy walk down Park Ave). When we arrived I asked for an upgrade if possible since we had 2 beds and shared bathroom. We were immediately upgraded to one bed and private room. Everyone we encountered were helpful and polite. The lobby wash all but I loved the old fashioned feel to it. The elevator was small but again I loved the vintage feel to it. The room was very clean and the view of the Empire State Building outside our bathroom window was gorgeous. The only complaint I had with the room included no ice on the floor..it's in the lobby and we were unable to control the heat. The heater made it stuffy in the room but nothing unbearable. I was happy to have the private bathroom, but walking past the floor bathroom I noticed it was very clean. I think we saw one other couple on our floor the entire time so I am sure the bathrooms are easy to share. If you are looking for a quaint, old fashioned hotel with great staff and a great location this is your place. I would absolutely stay again.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Jacqueline R
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights in November. We opted for shared bathroom which wasn't a problem at all and were lovely and clean!! Hotel has a lovely feel to it, just what we imagined a quaint little hotel in New York would be like!! We stayed in room 410 and could see the Empire State Building from our bed, looked fab all lit up at night!! Hotel is in a great location too, walking distance to Times Square and theres a subway two streets away if u didn't want to walk!! Staff were all really helpful too. All in all our stay was spot on and we would definitely stay at Hotel 31 again!!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Lucy D
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I stayed at this hotel in March 2013, I wasn't sure how I will like it because they have bathrooms on the floors but I was looking for something with good location, clean, cheap, with good reviews, really just to sleep in since I had 2 busy days in NYC and I was really happy, it wasn't busy so didn't have a problem using bathroom when I needed to, it was REALLY clean, cleaner than most 2 or 3 * hotels, my room was tiny but with sink and again really clean and the staff was really nice and helpful, I could check in earlier and leave my luggage there during the day when I was checking out. They even called Broadway theater for me because I wasn't sure if there is a dress code.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
8  Thank Pavla2013
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Metro just around the corner and it was easy to get there from JFK Airport. At the same time it was very close to good shopping areas and you could easely walk to Times Square and Grand Central Station.

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank Louisesiv
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Ethan P
Reviewed January 17, 2014

we stayed in a private room in Hotel 31 for 4 nights, and we believe it's a really good deal for Manhattan! Spacious rooms with little things that make one feel like at home (like, hangers you can actually take off the rail; a desk, a nice bed lamp. There was enough space and plenty of hot water in the bathroom. Maybe the neighborhood is not so exciting itself, but it's a short (under 10 minutes) walk to Broadway, 3 minutes walk to the metro, and not more than half an hour walk to any spot in Manhattan south from the Central park. I found a price of just under $120 a night (all taxes incl.) to be a real deal.

3  Thank ZhuGurragchaa