All reviews bunk beds times square usb charging charging station frosted glass usb ports new york body wash small desk mother daughter trip small room port authority shampoo and conditioner breakfast vouchers check in was quick and easy storage space private bathroom
Reviewed October 14, 2018

My wife and I stayed at the Pod hotel 25 and 26 Sep 2018. On the 14 th floor. Good location near midtown sites and theatre district. Modern hotel. Check in was quick ,staff is young and efficient, very helpful.Room was small but very clean and good view, again very modern. Would definitely return again.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Paul K, General Manager at Pod Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2018

Hi Maurizio N,
Thank you for your review! I'm so happy that both you and your Wife enjoyed your September visit and look forward to another opportunity to have you as our guests in the future,

Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

This was my first stay at Pod Times Square having previously stayed at Pod 51 on 3 occasions. This was a 4 night stay in early October 2018.

I flew into JFK. The hotel is easily accessible on the E subway line. It took approx 1 hour from the airport via air train and Jamaica station and cost $7.75 + $1 for metro card. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from port authority station.

Check in was quick and easy. The girl on reception was a great introduction to the hotel, very pleasant and helpful (I didn't get her name unfortunately). I'd requested a room on a higher floor with a view which she was happy to help with.

The rooms are small but perfectly function-able, they definitely squeeze a lot into a well designed and lit room. The room and bathroom are spotlessly clean. One thing to be aware of is that the dividing wall between bathroom and bedroom is a frosted glass wall, which might be uncomfortable depending who your staying with. Rooms include safe.

For me the highlight has to be the view. I was put on the 20th floor with view downtown towards one world trade centre. Also, looking on to Hudson Yards.

The location is perfect to get a round Manhattan. Your 2 blocks from Times Square and a maximum 25 minute walk to Central Park, Macy's, Empire State Building, Rockerfeller Centre (top of the rock), Madison Square Garden and so many other top NY attractions. The subway at port authority offers easy access to anywhere further afield.

Plenty of restaurants and convenience stores in immediate area.

Will definitely be back.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo

Hi Stuart M,
Thank you for the lovely feedback! I'm delighted to know that our property, location and staff were spot on.
We look forward to having you back.

Reviewed October 13, 2018

We stayed the weekend of Labor Day 2018. The rooms are small and utilitarian but clean and provide what you need for a stay in NYC. Location was awesome within walking to Times Square and subway station close by. Lots of restaurants just up the street in Hell's Kitchen area. If you're about seeing the city and spending minimal time in the hotel room, this is a great place for the value.

Room tip: They have limited rooms that are two room suites. Perfect for family or friends weekend.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Hi AnneBryan2018,
Thank you for your review! I'm happy that we left a lasting impression and hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed October 12, 2018

I had an enjoyable stay at the Pod hotel. It was cool and hip with lots of young people. The customer service was excellent, the staff was friendly and accommodating. The rooms were clean and efficient with comfortable beds.
The location is very convenient for tourists and theatergoers. This hotel is highly recommended and reasonably priced! ☺

Room tip: All rooms are quite as the lobby is several floor up an elevator.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

HI Olwen L,
Thank you for your awesome feedback! I'm thrilled to know that you enjoyed your experience with us and hoipe to have you back in the future.

Reviewed October 12, 2018

Positives - Great location, a short walk to Times Square. Friendly check in staff. Clean room.

Negatives - Very small room, smaller than I was expecting with nowhere to store luggage. Not sure on the glass bathrooms as you can pretty much see everything through the glass when somebody is showering which wouldn't be for everyone. Luckily I was travelling with a friend for the first night and then my partner stayed with me the second and third night but other people might not be so comfortable with it. Bed not that comfortable either, woke up a few times in the night and usually sleep all the way through.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Octavia93

HI Octavia93,
Thank you for your feedback. I'm delighted to know that you enjoyed our location and staff but disappointed that you didn't find our creative use of space, particularly our under the bed luggage storage compartments useful.
I encourage you to try out one of our Pod Pads in the future which are a much more spacious alternative to our standard Pod accommodations.