Tripadvisor
New York City
All reviews new york free coffee in the morning the empire state building madison square park mini bar comfy bed location is great hotel restaurant early check decent size times square rooms are small room size street noise around the corner penn station roxbury
Selected filters
Reviewed January 17, 2020

What a great place to stay if visiting NYC. Location ideal if you are shopping or have an event at the Javits Center. Plus, Marta is an amazing restaurant so don't need to look to far for something great to eat.

I worked with the conference and service team to setup many rooms for our event. They followed through with everything they said they would do and so much more. Great team to work with.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank DMBDP
Gary S, General Manager at The Redbury New York, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2020

Thanks for the wonderful review, DMBDP!

It's fantastic you had such a lovely experience at The Redbury . We're thrilled you enjoyed our prime location and proximity to so many of the city's best attractions. That's what we like to see! We're looking forward to sharing another amazing experience with you soon!

Have a beautiful day!

Reviewed January 16, 2020

My wife were celebrating an anniversary and a birthday and we had a bottle of champagne in the room waiting for us! The concierge, Alexandra, helped us with the special occasion, by helping us get around town. We ate at Marta and it was phenomenal, I had the Swordfish and my wife had the scallops with risotto and we both loved it.

Date of stay: January 2020
Gary S, General Manager at The Redbury New York, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2020

Thank you for the excellent review, 78mauricioa!

We're thrilled you enjoyed your time at The Redbury! It's wonderful our team could take such great care of you and that we could help you celebrate such a special occasion. We strive for excellence and your praise lets us know we're doing our job!

We look forward to hosting you again soon for another fantastic experience! Have an amazing day!

Reviewed January 14, 2020 via mobile

Ok the first time I stayed at this place there was blood on the sheets. I unknowingly booked it again a year later and didn’t realize it was the same place until I walked in. I requested a quiet room. I proceeded to hear a ton of construction noise as well as every single conversation housekeeping had in the hallway, toilets, doors opening, vacuum etc. I requested to be moved to a quieter room and they assured me it would be quieter, but it was much worse. The construction was literally outside my window. Went down to front desk and the guy said “oh yeah, I forgot that that construction is literally right in front of the room.

Kind of a big oops. I Asked both him and the manager what they could offer to make up for the mistake and hassle of multiple moves but haven’t heard back and it’s been an hour. I’m now in a third room where construction is a tiny bit better but I still hear word for word every conversation outside my door in the hotel hallway, every door that opens, and some street noise too, but I understand that can’t control street. however, overall the paper thin walls and no insulation windows and noisy heat are what I’d expect from a 3 star hotel — not a 4.5 star or even a 4. Thankfully I don’t have any private calls or conversations to make in the room because the whole hallway will here it. I also second what some of the reviews mentioned about lumpy carpet.

3  Thank 952katherinel

952katherinel, we apologize again for the initial frustration with your stay and we are glad we had the opportunity to speak with you in person in the end. We do hope we were able to turn your experience around and have another opportunity to host you.

Reviewed January 14, 2020

The downstairs restaurant (marta) lovely although overpriced and all areas decorated well but the accomodation upstairs and the rip off tax is very different.
On arrival we were informed we had to pay an extra $35 a night for local services, this was for wifi (which should be free) a great morning coffee (only one per person which was just filter and you had to have it before 10:30 am) and free use of the local Gym, even though we siad we didnt want the Gym and were not told the coffee was only before 10:30 and we thought it would at least be a decent coffee, we effectively were paying $35 a night for a bit of wifi, what a total rip off , when we complained one of our $35 was refunded.
The biggest dissapointment was our room, no kettle or coffee making facillities, rediculous prices if you wanted a snack ot anything from the mini bar (we didnt bother) no heating in the bathroom which was freezing and two windows which were blocked off as they looked out onto a horrible courtward area full of fans which partly kept us awake. We didnt bother complaining as were only there fore a few days but maybe should have, we have complained since but the hotel are not interested, no surprise, so tip is, avid this place

Room tip: just avoid
Date of stay: December 2019
Gary S, General Manager at The Redbury New York, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2020

We appreciate the feedback, 186298Richard.

It's unfortunate you had such challenges during your time with us. We regret that we couldn't provide you with a perfect experience. We do hope you give us another opportunity to demonstrate the high standard of service we're accustomed to providing.

Reviewed January 13, 2020

This is my second time staying at this hotel and I am planing in coming back. Every time me and my husband stay at The Redbury we love it and the staff never disappoint us. Alexandra, the Concierge always goes above and beyond making sure we get a wonderful experience and she is very knowledgeable about nice restaurants, bars and places to visit around the area. The staff at the front desk are very welcoming and friendly. The rooms are clean and neat and the atmosphere inside the room feels like going back in time in a vintage and romantic NYC. Thank you The Redbury team for always making our stay extra special!

1  Thank Mariax0110
Gary S, General Manager at The Redbury New York, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2020

Thank you for sharing this glowing review, Maria!

We are delighted to hear about your experience at Alexandra! We truly appreciate your kind words regarding our team. It's wonderful that you felt valued by each member of our top-notch team. We strive to provide our guests with the warmest hospitality and most efficient service, so this is fantastic to hear! Your compliments are not only rewarding, but also encouraging.

We'd love to share another positive, fun experience with you in the future. Have a fantastic day!