“Doesn't belong in this neighborhood”

Treadwell Park Downtown
Ranked #6,923 of 15,923 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: Battery Park City
Description: Our passion is beer, and we love sharing the best with our friends and neighbors. Our craft beer hall offers 20 rotating craft draft beers and ciders delivered by our on-site flux capacitor, and you'll find beer in some of our cocktails, as well as in our delicious ice cream floats. Hungry? Got it covered. Giant soft pretzels, foot long hot dogs banh mi and decadent juicy burgers make great pa
Reviewed May 8, 2018

If you want to come for a beer and a burger--good spot. But other than that I wouldn't come back here. Working down the block, was excited to see what restaurant replaced Southwest New York. Came for lunch, and walked in to find what looked like a German pub. With table games?? Sat outside, which is the only good thing about this place. VERY limited lunch menu, which was the first disappointment. My colleague and I ordered a cranberry/club soda and iced tea to start. No ice in the iced tea, no sugar brought out, and I don't think there was club soda in my drink. Instead of waiting for the inattentive waiter (who seemed nervous), I brought the drinks to the bar to get what I needed. My salad was good (even though there were beans in it when I asked for no beans), and the salmon was good, except my colleague thought it would be much warmer. It looks like this restaurant is catering to the frat crowd, or guys just looking to blow off steam after work with the beer selection and games. You would expect this place on a boardwalk, not in the middle of the lower Manhattan working crowd. Which is fine, but I wouldn't recommend it if you want to have a nice lunch. Only with an expanded menu and much better service, I would think about going back.

Date of visit: May 2018
Merchants Hospi... N, Director of Operations at Treadwell Park Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2018

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It was difficult for us to read but very important to us. I want to apologize for the 'misses'. Know that one miss is one too many.. We would enjoy having the opportunity to show you what we are really capable of doing and I am confident, if given the opportunity, we can exceed your expectations. Feel free to call me directly for a reservation so we may lay out the 'welcome mat'

Thanking you again.

Al Lopez
Mobile: 917 474 4983

Reviewed April 27, 2018

we were walking around the river area and saw a few places to eat but the menu's were not tempting enough and the prices were steep so we carried on walking and found this place with outdoor seating. The server was nice but he seems over worked as there were many tables to attend and the couple next to us were annoyed by the slow service which wasn't a great start. We ordered and most of our order came but our fried zucchini didn't. We had almost finished our bland mains when the huge plate of over fried zucchini arrived. Lots of space inside too with pool tables and tv showing sports. Family friendly and on a quiet street.

Date of visit: April 2018
Treadwell P, Director of Operations at Treadwell Park Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2018

Nick,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Know that they are very important to us as we learn from them. Clearly we were not at our very best this day which is something we work very hard to do. Next time you are in the vicinity, please stop in and ask for Patrick or Amanda so we may show you what we are really capable of and lay out the 'welcome mat'

Thanks again,

Al Lopez
Director of Operations

Reviewed December 15, 2017

Something happened to this place in the last couple of months. The food portions are now a fraction of what they used to be. The staff was also MIA most of the time. We had to wait and wait to get a drink, then the food arrived late, and like I said, it was much smaller than before. The waiter never stopped to check on us to see if we wanted something else. Too bad, we will not coming back unless they make big changes.

Date of visit: December 2017
Treadwell P, General Manager at Treadwell Park Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2017

Hi Gusny,

Thank you for taking the time to review the restaurant. We enjoy all reviews of any nature. My apologies that your experience was sub-par. The quality of our food and guest attention is of the up-most importance.

I would like to invite you back in at your earliest convenience so that we may show you what true hospitality should look like.

Feel free to reach out to me directly.

Ray@treadwellpark.com

Ray Kaufmann

Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

Our office stopped by for a happy hour, but we were far from happy. Knowing that Treadwell is roomy with ping-pong and Jenga, we were excited to meet up there, but we didn't expect that the bar staff would be so inattentive. So if you're thirsty, avoid the bar & grab a table instead.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed August 6, 2017

Great place I was walking from the hudson after reading a book and I stumbled in... Very good eats and cool crafts beer...

I was there during the day but I could just tell that at night it was a cool vibe weather you are hanging with friends or watching sports...There was jenga there TOO! LOL

Love it will definitely return

Date of visit: July 2017