“Scrumptous”
Review of Sinigual

Sinigual
Reserve with OpenTable
Sinigual is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #938 of 13,935 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 41st and 3rd Ave
Transit: Conveniently located on 41st and 3rd ave. One block from Grand Central Station.
Description: Sinigual celebrates a fusion of contemporary and native flavors of Mexico. Even the name itself is a fusion of words, meaning without equal, above the rest and unique. Sinigual artfully blends the traditional and the unexpected. A pleasing palette of colors, textures and tastes that brings to life the very essence of all that Mexico celebrates. Rich culture. Delicious cuisine. Festive gatherings of family and friends. At Sinigual, you will receive unparalleled service and taste creative interpretations of nuevo classics prepared with only the freshest and finest ingredients. Dishes are designed to satisfy and surprise. Our flour tortillas are handmade, prepared fresh throughout the day and served with our fresh salsa quemada, salsa roja and signature honey butter. We invite you on a culinary journey through Mexico's past. And it's future.
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Just came from a great lunch. Decided on the Chipotle BBQ Ribs, the waitress was so excited by my choice that my associate changed her mind and ordered them also. They were fall off the bone scrumptous, 8 ribs, 1/2 ear of mesquite grilled corn on the cob slathered in butter, fried potato sticks and mixed beans. No room for dessert! Our waitress Vanessa was very pleasant,efficient and informative. NOTE: the address is 640 Third Avenue at 41st Street. I have also been here for drinks, they have a good happy hour. Great for couples, friends, business.

There are newer reviews for Sinigual

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Two different sites gave us addresses that were either outright wrong or misleading (TA). The correct address is the corner of 41st and 3rd. Finding the restaurant was worth the search, however. First, for a busy, popular NY restaurant, the high ceilings and reasonable between-table spacing the four of us found it to be comparatively quiet. Second, we found the service to be very friendly, attentive and responsive. Several staff seemed to be genuinely interested in how our meal was going or had gone and the couple of off-menu requests we made were graciously and accurately accommodated. Third, this is not a south of the border Mexican restaurant. This is sophisticated, upscale NY fare with a Southwestern flare. I had a stacked enchilada that was like nothing I have every had with little tastings of sides and nice presentation. The restaurant prides itself of margaritas and while I like a traditional margarita, some of the others tried and enjoyed other options.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

My friend and I visited this restaurant last month and it has a very nice setting and decor. The servers were a bit abrasive but then we figured out that was because they couldn't actually speak english. We had three people around our table trying to figure out what I was trying to say. Finally, someone understood and translated to our waitress. My friend went through the same thing ordering her drink. But they were very nice and patient. The food was average and I think over priced for just average Mexican food. I think the experience once was enough.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

The bar is great, but the food is a winner. Loved the table side guacamole and the skirt steak. A fun place that is affordable.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

My experience at Siniqual was terrible. The service was very slow. I had to ask three different employees for cutlery. I ordered the Tres Mariachi dish and it was not good at all. The entire dish was cold by the time I got my meal and the chicken was very dry. It was very cold inside also. I had to ask if they could close the front door and turn on the heat. It was so cold that a majority of people around me were wearing jackets - including myself. Overall, I was highly dispointed with Siniqual and would not return.