Book In Advance
In high demand - travelers recommend booking ahead!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from $56.35
from $39.62
from $46.17
More Info
All reviews true story standing ovation stranded passengers broadway show actors play new foundland ensemble cast multiple parts rush tickets human spirit musical numbers cast members story line great cast characters uplifting airspace
Selected filters
Reviewed November 26, 2018

I can’t believe the glowing reviews I have read for this production. I saw the production in Toronto and was less than awed. No one can argue with the “feel good” story based on the incredible generosity of Newfoundlanders during the 911 events and their profound support for stranded Americans. However as a musical it falls far short of the accolades it has received. The music is utterly forgettable and many of the subplot story lines irrelevant to actual events. There was not a single song or musical motif/theme that was even remotely memorable. By all means see this show if you want to restore some of your faith in humanity. As a musical production I would give it a miss.

Date of experience: March 2018
7  Thank zoukman
Reviewed November 21, 2018 via mobile

I thought - how can a musical be made about this story......which I was very unaware of! From the opening act, we were drawn in. The stories, the plight of those passengers, the people from the town. We laughed and cried. It was such an emotional, uplifting story.

I took my mother to this play, after we toured the 9/11 Memorial. It was a perfect day of history, emotion and knowing that people are wonderful human beings. ❤️

3  Thank SunshineWonderland
Reviewed November 20, 2018 via mobile

Twelve people sitting on chairs most of the show. Multiple plots are confusing. Especially so since the stage never changes , just the seating arrangements. Music is mostly group singing the same boring tune. Half the audience involved, half asleep. Worst broadway show I’ve seen and I’ve seen most of them.

7  Thank Compass639406
Reviewed November 20, 2018

The plot is interesting primarily because it is based on real events. Most of the cast was very talented - many played more than one character without even changing clothes - which was neat to watch. I guess this show is designed to be "stripped down" of props, sets, costumes, make-up & hair, etc. Personally, when I spend Broadway $ to see a Broadway play, I want to be wowed by story line, the acting, and the effects. This play receives a A+ on the acting and story line and a C or D on the effects. My husband did not care for it either, but my sister really enjoyed it and teared up at one point during the play.
**Note: It is an hour and 50 minutes with NO INTERMISSION. And the seats are close enough together that if you have to get up to use the restroom, everyone between you and the aisle will have to stand up also.

1  Thank MadameJade
Reviewed November 19, 2018 via mobile

The show captures a lot of what went on during that difficult time in history. The show does an excellent job of not getting you sad by interspersing some interesting and funny stories of the many characters of both the Come from Aways and the locals.

Proud to be a Newfoundlander and more so after attending the show.

1  Thank MaxwellWade