WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #258 of 477 Hotels in New York City
Montreal, Canada
“Nice room”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Our stay didn't get off to a great start as we arrived to check in at approximately 2pm and the guy at check in had to check with housekeeping which rooms were ready. They were also slightly pushy about where we had parked that it wasn't affiliated with the hotel. However our room was much bigger than the Sheraton that we had previously stayed at and our safe worked. Yes there is construction works going on next door but this did not hamper our stay in any way.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bill M, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear Jaclyn N,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience at our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our guestrooms as we take great pride in our product and have high standards for cleanliness and service. In regards to your check in, I would just like to remind you that our check in time is at 3pm. Our front office agents try their best to give early check ins to guest's arriving before 3pm and usually communicate with our housekeeping staff to make sure to get you into a room as quickly as possible. As for parking, being there so many parking regulations, there are many guests who park either on the road in the wrong zones and get ticketed or with other parking lots not affiliated with the hotel that are charged more. We always try to make sure that our guests, as well as their vehicles, are being taken care of. I will be sure to communicate to the staff to communicate this in a different manner. I apologize if they may have offended you in any way. If you would like to talk further about your stay, I am more than happy to listen to your suggestions. My number is below and please do not hesitate to contact me if you are back in the city!

Best,
646-484-4338

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We booked a stay at this 4 star hotel for a special occasion. When we arrived the lobby was covered in plastic for construction. The restaurant was under construction and not available. We were not informed of this prior to our reservation. The pipes rattled every time someone flushed a toilet. The hotel could even give us wake up calls after we requested them on two consecutive nights. They promised us the second night that we would get one the next morning - NONE. The mattress was hard. The hotel is not worth the money for the place and service and should be listed as a 2 stars tops.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chad R
Dear Chad R,

Thank you for your review on your hotel experience. I sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay and can completely understand the frustration that may have occurred. To address your issues we have had the pipes looked at first thing at the start of the week. We have also made sure that our automated wake up call servers have been checked. In regards to the renovations, we do have it posted on our websites that our restaurant is under renovations. On Tuesday, October 15th, our restaurant is in full operation once again. All renovations have been completed. I have taken note of your uncomfortable bed, as this will be addressed right away to housekeeping. I have placed my phone number below for your reference as I have not received a phone call in regards to your stay and would love the opportunity to talk. I hope we can have a discussion about your stay and again thank you for leaving your comments for us to act on.

646-484-4338
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Great location with oustanding service from frontdesk Nicole! Walking distance to many place's. Restaurant were not open at this time, but was okay by us.Thanks again and we will see you soon!...............................

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Alex S
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Amazing one night stay at the Hotel Indigo. Very friendly front desk staff/bellman. Rooms were HUGE! We had a room on the 11th floor. The only thing I can complain about was the subpar breakfast buffet, but it was free during our stay. Beggars cant be chooser. Otherwise it was an amazing stay, will def be returning!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights over a busy weekend. Check in was easy and fast, I was in my room within five minutes. The room is larger than most NYC rooms in this price range. Overall awesome stay and great service...will be back again!!!

• Stayed September 2013
Fairfield, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

After being knocked to the ground by a speeding cyclist coming from Penn Station, the front desk at the Hotel Indigo were so attentive! They immediately got me an ice pack, extra ice in a plastic bag and took our bags to our room. When I came down later, they asked how I was feeling and offered their services if I needed anything else.
The bell boys went out of their way to hail a cab for us, going all the way to the cross street as we were there during UN General meeting week and everything was gridlock!
The rooms were CLEAN (yes small--but all we do there is watch TV, unwind, sleep and shower), comfy and accommodating.
I will (and already have) recommended it to a friend.

Room Tip: We were in the front and the noise did not bother me. We were on the 4th floor but i enjoy looking o...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ontario
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel over 2 nights for a shopping trip with a friend. We were given a room on the 4th floor but found it noisy so we were moved to the 10th floor after one night. As stated in previous reviews the rooms are small but clean. The second morning of our stay the phone rang a 7 am. My friend answered ,the person on the phone said she was calling from the lobby and needed to confirm credit card information. Without thinking my friend gave her credit card number, then became suspicious and went down to the front desk. The person at the front desk said he knew nothing of the call, she called the credit card company an unauthorized charge had already been posted but the charge was reversed and the card cancelled. The staff on duty could not have cared less about this scam. They said it happens all the time. When I asked how the call got to our room they said the phone service may have been hacked. Another explanation was that we were targeted because we are Canadian. There was no attempt by the hotel to report this attempted fraud to the authorities or warn other guests. When my friend spoke to the hotel manager she asked her what she expected her to do about it. Over all we were left with the impression that the hotel staff was in on the scam. I have gone on line and discovered that this has happened at other hotels around the country, in most instances the the hotel reports the crime to the authorities and take measures to make sure it does not happen again. I cannot reccomend this hotel and would advise others to stay away. A crime was committed on hotel property and no action was taken to prevent it from happening again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank travelmomOntario
Bill M, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo New York City, Chelsea, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear travelmomOntario,

Thank you for your review on your hotel experience. I sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay and can completely understand the frustration that may have occurred. To address your issues we have contacted our main switchboard to screen incoming calls to our hotel. I have placed my phone number below for your reference as I have not received a phone call in regards to your stay and would love the opportunity to talk. I hope we can have a discussion about your stay and again thank you for leaving your comments for us to act on.

646-484-4343