“Fantastic steak! A must visit!”
Review of Club A Steakhouse

Club A Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Club A Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 14,026 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Avenues
Transit: 4, 5, 6, N, R & W trains to Lexington Avenue/59th Street.
Description: On the edge of Midtown and the Upper East Side, Club A Steakhouse NYC is a fine dining restaurant, specializing in steaks and grills. The spacious restaurant has a piano room and a main dining room along with the exquisite Bruno's wine cellar. The dining room reveals a romantic, intimate atmosphere, with a rich red color scheme, a wood burning fireplace, and finely dressed tables. Club A Steakhouse restaurant features wine lockers and there is excellent service. The superb wine list is well picked and there are a range of wines available by the glass. In one of Manhattan's most popular restaurant neighborhoods, Club A blends the features of an authentic steakhouse with contemporary design. The delicious Club A Steakhouse menu features dishes like pinot noir braised short ribs, Maine lobster or filet mignon with bordelaise sauce. Created by restaurateur Bruno Selimaj, Club A has been acclaimed as one of the most highly anticipated steakhouse restaurants in New York.
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

The steak here is fantastic. We had the filet cooked rare and NY strip cooked medium and both were perfect. The sides were also delicious and in fact, the portions were so generous, we couldn't finish it! It's a little bit pricey, however it's a very nice setting and the fact that they offer 2 complimentary courses means that it's well worth it. We look forward to returning next time we're in New York.

1  Thank Bhughes13
Bruno S, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2014

Bhughes13,

I am glad that everything was enjoyable when dining at my restaurant.

Thank you for dining at my restaurant as well as taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

I look forward to seeing you again when you do return and please do recommend to all your friends.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

We were recommended this restaurant by the Sherry Netherland which was in walking distance and were not disappointed. This is a very good restaurant. The lighting was subdued without being too gloomy - rather atmospheric really. The staff were all very friendly and helpful without being overbearing. The owner came over during the meal to have a quick chat but did not outstay his welcome.

The decor is pleasant (lots of pictures of previous guests many of whom were recognisable faces) and the tables were not too close to each other.

We took our 10 year old son who was made very welcome and we noted other children there.

Of course a restaurant is mainly about the food and this was outstanding. We all had steaks and they were, by universal consensus, among the best we had ever eaten.

The wine list was good and our wine was served in an unusually shaped decanter (each table seemed to have a different one).

Overall a wonderful dining experience and I would freely recommend it.

1  Thank Romulus66

Romulus66,

Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

We had the pleasure of dining here last night. There are quite a few different dining rooms and the ambience was beautiful. Eddie looked after us and was excellent. Service was exceptional, he was very attentive without being intrusive. He recommended we select their porterhouse which is their specialty. It is pricey as you need to add sides but the meat was incredible. You dont get any mustard or gravy instead they use the fat juices which was unbelievable. We also enjoyed a fantastic cab sauv from the napa region. This place only opened in february this year and I cant recommend it enough. Thanks for a fantastic evening!

1  Thank Stinga24

Stinga24,

Reviewed August 12, 2014

The guys here had wind of it being our anniversary. We had a lovely table and the service was A+.

We order a starter but were brought a mushroom stuffed pasta dish which was a nice touch. My wife had the seabass special which she enjoyed but the main event was my 16oz filet mignon, cooked to perfection, the fries weren't the best but I was here for the meat.

Really attentive staff, live music with a great ambience. Free congratulations dessert as well.

Go here for a steak, do it.

1  Thank Chris H

Chris H.,

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Average restaurant with good wine list and service . The food is good for the price the quality of the meat is not as good as Peter Luger of coz . However, the ambient is good and the price of the wine is rather reasonable, worth going and good substitution for Peter Luger. The location is good for those who stay in Manhattan .

Bancha_chromehearts,

It greatly bothers me that you didn't enjoy the "Club A Experience" that I so arduously strive to have my guest's to receive for over the last 4 decades.

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, my customer feedback has always been pivotal in making my future customer experience better. I will bring up the issues in your review in my next weekly staff meeting.

I do hope that you give us a chance to redeem ourselves and ask for me personally, when you do decide to do so.