“Fantastic steak and staff”
Review of Club A Steakhouse

Club A Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Club A Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 14,525 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Avenues
Transit: 4, 5, 6, N, R & W trains to Lexington Avenue/59th Street.
Description: Established in 2008. Bruno Selimaj was born and raised in a small village on the Northern Albanian/Montenegrin border and began his life as simple farmer. But at the tender age of 18 and with his parents blessing, he embarked on a journey to America in search of new life. In an Albanian household, it is tradition that a guest is treated with the utmost respect and as a member of the family. Bruno brought these core family values to his restaurant and Bruno Selimaj's life defines true restaurant hospitality. In December 2007, Bruno closed his legendary restaurant after 30 years with a new idea and a continuing passion to strive to be the best. He re-opened his famed restaurant as Club A, a modern American steakhouse in the same location. His new venture manages to encompass the characteristics of a traditional steakhouse and new world modernism. His latest accomplishment has established Bruno as one of New York's legendary restaurateurs.
Reviewed August 12, 2014

The guys here had wind of it being our anniversary. We had a lovely table and the service was A+.

We order a starter but were brought a mushroom stuffed pasta dish which was a nice touch. My wife had the seabass special which she enjoyed but the main event was my 16oz filet mignon, cooked to perfection, the fries weren't the best but I was here for the meat.

Really attentive staff, live music with a great ambience. Free congratulations dessert as well.

Go here for a steak, do it.

1  Thank Chris H
Bruno S, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2014

Chris H.,

I am glad that everything was enjoyable when dining at my restaurant.

Thank you for dining at my restaurant as well as taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

I look forward to seeing you again when you do return and please do recommend to all your friends.

Bruno Selimaj (Owner)

Write a ReviewReviews (2,882)

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Average restaurant with good wine list and service . The food is good for the price the quality of the meat is not as good as Peter Luger of coz . However, the ambient is good and the price of the wine is rather reasonable, worth going and good substitution for Peter Luger. The location is good for those who stay in Manhattan .

Bancha_chromehearts,

It greatly bothers me that you didn't enjoy the "Club A Experience" that I so arduously strive to have my guest's to receive for over the last 4 decades.

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, my customer feedback has always been pivotal in making my future customer experience better. I will bring up the issues in your review in my next weekly staff meeting.

I do hope that you give us a chance to redeem ourselves and ask for me personally, when you do decide to do so.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

We had a great night out with our family of 5. The staff were very accommodating and welcoming. There was great live light jazz music that set the ambiance. I would recommend this to anyone!

cclaver1,

Reviewed August 9, 2014

I ate here with my wife on a weekend getaway. It is well deserving of the high Tripadvisor rating. The food, service and atmosphere were fantastic! Adrian was our server, a good balance of attentiveness and allowing us to enjoy our meal. He really did a good job and provided the type of service that keeps this restaurant at the top the list of restaurants in a city full of great food.

1  Thank TravellingCurmudgeon

TravellingCurmudgeon,

I am glad that everything was enjoyable when dining at my restaurant.

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, my customer feedback has always been pivotal in making my future customer experience better. I will make sure to let Adrian know that you were more than content with his service.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

We were on a recent trip to NYC for our 25th anniversary. Club A was a perfect choice! Irena gave us our choice of tables, and we were seated at a table upstairs by the window. This restaurant's cozy, romantic atmosphere is great for a celebration dinner. Our dinner started out with complimentary champagne and menus that said "Happy Anniversary" on them. We did not order starters, but were brought the yummy mushroom raviolis on the house. Our steaks were very good, but we also ordered the hash browns, so we were unable to finish. Our server was very attentive and helpful. At the end of our meal, we were treated to a dessert plate with tiramisu, cream puffs, and cheesecake with "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate. To top off the wonderful night, Irena gave us a keepsake photo of our special night. Definitely a great place to go for great food, ambiance, and wonderful service!

2  Thank WiBeachbums

WiBeachbums,

Happy 25th Anniversary once again, with many healthy and happy more!