“Best Steak ever!”
Review of Club A Steakhouse

Club A Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Club A Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 14,308 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Avenues
Transit: 4, 5, 6, N, R & W trains to Lexington Avenue/59th Street.
Description: Established in 2008. Bruno Selimaj was born and raised in a small village on the Northern Albanian/Montenegrin border and began his life as simple farmer. But at the tender age of 18 and with his parents blessing, he embarked on a journey to America in search of new life. In an Albanian household, it is tradition that a guest is treated with the utmost respect and as a member of the family. Bruno brought these core family values to his restaurant and Bruno Selimaj's life defines true restaurant hospitality. In December 2007, Bruno closed his legendary restaurant after 30 years with a new idea and a continuing passion to strive to be the best. He re-opened his famed restaurant as Club A, a modern American steakhouse in the same location. His new venture manages to encompass the characteristics of a traditional steakhouse and new world modernism. His latest accomplishment has established Bruno as one of New York's legendary restaurateurs.
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We booked this restaurant for my wife’s 50th birthday treat and were not disappointed. The restaurant doesn’t look much from the outside, but it’s very stylish inside. Our waiter Brian was very courteous and spent time explaining the food and wine menu. We ordered the Filet Mignon, which I can honestly say was the best steak I’ve ever had! Great service and great food – if you want to spoil yourselves then this is the place to go.

Bruno S, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2014

BillyNellie,

Happy 50th birthday to your wife once again, with many healthy and happy more!

I am glad that everything was enjoyable when dining at my restaurant.

Thank you for dining at my restaurant as well as taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

I look forward to seeing you again when you do return and please do recommend to all your friends.

Bruno Selimaj (Owner)

Write a ReviewReviews (2,832)

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

We were only in New York for 3 days so booked the restaurant from England for one of our evenings purely based on Tripadvisor reviews. 2nd best restaurant in NYC, it had to be good.

Hmmm.....on arriving we had a drink in the bar and both the host and bartender were very attentive. We were shown to our table upstairs and as it was the ins furthest from the windows was VERY dark, even once the candle was lit, it was dark by anyone's standards.

We ordered calamari and crab cocktail. Calamari was chewy and just ok. The crab was delicious but had shell in it. We pointed this to the waiter who just shrugged or at least I think he did, did I mention the darkness??

The wine list for Sauvignon Blancs had 2 choices wheras Chardonnay had about 20. Very odd. We opted to a glass instead of a bottle for this reason.

The steaks were both lovely, fillet and NY strip but sides very disappointing. Mac & cheese was so rich and bland we had a spoonful each, asparagus was overcooked and onion rings over salted. The peppercorn sauce was also over salted but no one asked us if our meals were ok so no opportunity to give feedback through this avenue.

The dessert was a nice touch but $220 for this meal was way overpriced in our opinion for what we got.

What a shame!!

2  Thank victoria_phipps

victoria_phipps,

It greatly bothers me that you didn't enjoy the "Club A Experience" that I so arduously strive to have my guest's to receive for over the last 4 decades.

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, my customer feedback has always been pivotal in making my future customer experience better. I will bring up the issues in your review in my next weekly staff meeting.

I do hope that you give us a chance to redeem ourselves and ask for me personally, when you do decide to do so.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Wait staff was very professional. Food was fantastic. Great atmosphere. Live music playing in the background.

Tony W.,

Reviewed July 22, 2014

The food was delicious, we had the porterhouse for two and it was amazing. The ambiance was perfect and there was a live jazz band that perfectly set the mood. It was just great!

dannie82.,

First off, fourth happy anniversary once again, with many healthy and happy more!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

The only restaurant in New York I've been back to. Did not disappoint. Very fresh prawns.Steak perfectly cooked ,beautifully crusted & juicy. it served two of us. The hash browns were the best I've ever eaten. The trio of desserts were luscious and complimentary. Staff are friendly and efficient, without being familiar
The big mistake was to go on our last night. I was dreaming of the hash browns I left behind. They would have been delicious next day.
Congratulations to Bruno, a charming host

2  Thank Pam C