“Class A steak!”
Review of Club A Steakhouse

Club A Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Club A Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 14,526 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Avenues
Transit: 4, 5, 6, N, R & W trains to Lexington Avenue/59th Street.
Description: Established in 2008. Bruno Selimaj was born and raised in a small village on the Northern Albanian/Montenegrin border and began his life as simple farmer. But at the tender age of 18 and with his parents blessing, he embarked on a journey to America in search of new life. In an Albanian household, it is tradition that a guest is treated with the utmost respect and as a member of the family. Bruno brought these core family values to his restaurant and Bruno Selimaj's life defines true restaurant hospitality. In December 2007, Bruno closed his legendary restaurant after 30 years with a new idea and a continuing passion to strive to be the best. He re-opened his famed restaurant as Club A, a modern American steakhouse in the same location. His new venture manages to encompass the characteristics of a traditional steakhouse and new world modernism. His latest accomplishment has established Bruno as one of New York's legendary restaurateurs.
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

I took my partner to NYC for his 30th and wanted to take him out for a slap up meal. I decided on this place based on the reviews. True enough, the steak and sides tasted amazing, portions sadly just too big to get through! Service was very friendly and the complimentary starter and dessert a lovely touch. The only let down was that I'd emailed the restaurant ahead of time to say we were visiting all the way from the UK and could we arrange a cake or something for my partner. Well the table next to us got the whole birthday treatment but not us, and that just felt a bit odd.

1  Thank muir2000
Bruno S, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

muir2000,

First off, happy 30th birthday once again to your partner, with many healthy and happy more!

I am glad that everything was enjoyable when dining at my restaurant.

Thank you for dining at my restaurant as well as taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

I look forward to seeing you again when you do return and please do recommend to all your friends.

Bruno Selimaj (Owner)

Write a ReviewReviews (2,882)

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I visited this Restuarant may 10th. My boyfriend and I had steaks cooked to perfection so tasty. Great menu and wine menu. Very well looked after by very friendly staff. Reasonable prices and very well worth every cent ! Lovely clean restaurant and romantic. We loved this as it was for a special occasion .! The restuarant had lots of extras ie complimentary breads and a starter ... Then after steaks we got a trio of desserts very big portions which went down an absolute treat .! We can not wait to tell other people about club a steakhouse and hopefully one day we will get to return.! Thank you !

1  Thank Suzanne J

Suzanne J,

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Dining at this restaurant was highlight of my visit to NYC. Service that my wife and I received was absolutely perfect. Wine that our waiter recommended to us was excellent. From the moment we entered we were treated like royalty. Complimentary ravioli was prime example of perfectly cooked pasta. My rib eye steak was medium rare, cooked to perfection. We had a chance to talk to Bruno, owner of this great restaurant and after nice chat with him soon we received complimentary desert plate and beautiful fruit platter. We were almost feeling embarrassed with all the attention that we received from Bruno and his staff.
I would like to thank again for great dining experience.
Hvala Bruno

Savo I Nina

savok,

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I had a business dinner meeting with a good customer from Spain and I wanted to give him a good taste of the best steak in NYC which I definitely achieved by taking him to Club A Steakhouse. The setting is really nice, dark and very clubby atmosphere which fits the place perfectly. The service was fantastic during the entire meal as our server was very attentive without being overbearing. Lets get to the food! I had a lobster cocktail appetizer which was a half of chilled lobster that was cooked to perfection. My customer had smoked salmon which he said was fantastic. Now to the steaks..... I had a T-bone that arrived sizzling to the table and cut into pieces which was one of the best steaks I have ever had. My customer had a bone in Rib Eye which was 24 ounces and the biggest Rib Eye I have ever seen. He also said it was the best steak he has ever had! We were so filled and satisfied when I noticed that our server had put down plates with spoons and forks after our meal before even asking if we wanted desert. He then came out with a large desert sampler platter with Tiramisu, Carrot Cake, Crème Puffs and a plate of fresh watermelon all on the house and compliments from the owner. What a class act and even though we were completely stuffed from our dinner, we still managed to knock down the awesome desert. I will definitely be back again hopefully sooner than later as this was a great steak in a city that prides itself in having the best steakhouses in the USA.

1  Thank Skiznick

Skiznick,

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

The mushroom Ravioli was excellent, probably one of the best i ever had.
The NY strip was perfectly cooked but the meat itself missed fat and wasn't aged enough. Don t order sides excepted if you enjoy spongious fries and salty mushrooms. I had to ask three times for the club a steack house sauce...which never came.
The overall experience was average, especially when you pay 80 bucks for a steack wirh no sauce and poor sides. I was expecting much better from a trip advisor's #2.

Fhenaut,

It greatly bothers me that you didn't enjoy the "Club A Experience" that I so arduously strive to have my guest's to receive for over the last 4 decades.

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, my customer feedback has always been pivotal in making my future customer experience better. I will bring up the issues in your review in my next weekly staff meeting.

I do hope that you give us a chance to redeem ourselves and ask for me personally, when you do decide to do so.