“FANTASTIC”
Review of Club A Steakhouse

Club A Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Club A Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 14,216 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Avenues
Transit: 4, 5, 6, N, R & W trains to Lexington Avenue/59th Street.
Description: Established in 2008. Bruno Selimaj was born and raised in a small village on the Northern Albanian/Montenegrin border and began his life as simple farmer. But at the tender age of 18 and with his parents blessing, he embarked on a journey to America in search of new life. In an Albanian household, it is tradition that a guest is treated with the utmost respect and as a member of the family. Bruno brought these core family values to his restaurant and Bruno Selimaj's life defines true restaurant hospitality. In December 2007, Bruno closed his legendary restaurant after 30 years with a new idea and a continuing passion to strive to be the best. He re-opened his famed restaurant as Club A, a modern American steakhouse in the same location. His new venture manages to encompass the characteristics of a traditional steakhouse and new world modernism. His latest accomplishment has established Bruno as one of New York's legendary restaurateurs.
Reviewed April 17, 2014

The best steak I have ever eaten. This restaurant is brilliant, the food is excellent, the staff are wonderful and it is fantastic value for money. Overall a fantastic experience.

2  Thank StaceyAlbus
Bruno S, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2014

StaceyAlbus,

I am glad that everything was enjoyable when dining at my restaurant.

Thank you for dining at my restaurant as well as taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, my customer feedback has always been pivotal in making my future customer experience better.

I look forward to seeing you again when you do return and please do recommend to all your friends.

Bruno Selimaj (Owner)

Write a ReviewReviews (2,812)

Reviewed April 16, 2014

When I was deciding on a steakhouse in Manhattan I was looking for a small, personal experience rather than a big corporate business clientele place. Club A Steakhouse is amazing. Bruno, the owner, and his family are on premises and making sure that the evening is perfect. Yes, he gave our table of 5 free mushroom appetizers and then a huge desert tray of goodies but that is not where the value of this meal was for us. The owners and staff cared for the clients! Ilir (?), our waiter was smart and pleasant. He knew the menu perfectly and explained the details for whatever we needed. He made suggestions that turned into winners (I had a T-Bone steak for one that was delicious). So, the food was all delicious- from the shrimp cocktails and escargot to the steaks cooked exactly right for everyones needs to the deserts. Add lots of cocktails and wine and I can only say we had a priceless evening.

2  Thank drretire

drretire,

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Food in this place is amazing. Went with our friends for their anniversary and we received a complementary dessert plate and nice group photo. The cheese cake was stunning as was the steaks, lamb chops and the largest sea bass we have ever seen. Staff and owner very attentive this place is a must Will be back when we next visit Nyk

1  Thank familydenn
Bruno S, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

familydenn,

Once again, happy anniversary to your friend's with many healthy and happy more!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Great service, great food, spot on!
The T bone steak I had tasted beautiful and the Fillet Mignon my daughter had was melt in the mouth. We were also given complimentary starter (mushroom ravioli) and a complimentary dessert (a portion each of tirmisu, chocolate mousse cake and profiteroles) - amazing! So it worked out as great value for money!

1  Thank Jesara123

Jesara123,

Reviewed April 14, 2014

My wife and I recently had the privilege of dining here on our wedding anniversary. Club A Steakhouse is more than just amazing food, everything from its unique ambiance to its professional wait staff exudes excellence.

Immediately, off the street and through their door, we were presented with smiles and a charming gesture of champagne from Club A’s owner, Bruno.

The hostess sat us upstairs, overlooking their trademark lighted trees which align East 58th Street. Our waiter was extremely knowledgeable, attentive, and even made sure that we took our time to enjoy the experience. His professional service etiquette reminded us of our past experiences, dining at various first-class establishments throughout Europe.

For the duration of our evening at Club A (approx. 2 hours), every course was well-prepared, with perfect presentation, and superb taste. For our main entrees, my wife ordered the Chilean Sea Bass, and I decided to embark on a classic 16 oz. Filet Mignon. As my wife quickly fell in love with her first bite, I found the Filet Mignon exquisite, encompassing a soft pillowy texture and warm buttery taste so delicious that I completely overlooked the chef-made sauces on the table.

Their devoted owner, Bruno, made his presence known to us several times throughout the evening to ensure expectations. His commitment to their operation, as well as their service and quality is easily recognized and hard to find elsewhere.

A sincere thank you, to Bruno and his entire staff at Club A Steakhouse, for making our celebration an experience to remember and cherish. It is easy to see why Club A is consistently rated as one of the top places to dine in all of New York City.

2  Thank NobleVip