“Last minute booking from trip advisor feedback”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Club A Steakhouse

Club A Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Club A Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 13,554 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Avenues
Transit: 4, 5, 6, N, R & W trains to Lexington Avenue/59th Street.
Description: On the edge of Midtown and the Upper East Side, Club A Steakhouse NYC is a fine dining restaurant, specializing in steaks and grills. The spacious restaurant has a piano room and a main dining room along with the exquisite Bruno's wine cellar. The dining room reveals a romantic, intimate atmosphere, with a rich red color scheme, a wood burning fireplace, and finely dressed tables. Club A Steakhouse restaurant features wine lockers and there is excellent service. The superb wine list is well picked and there are a range of wines available by the glass. In one of Manhattan's most popular restaurant neighborhoods, Club A blends the features of an authentic steakhouse with contemporary design. The delicious Club A Steakhouse menu features dishes like pinot noir braised short ribs, Maine lobster or filet mignon with bordelaise sauce. Created by restaurateur Bruno Selimaj, Club A has been acclaimed as one of the most highly anticipated steakhouse restaurants in New York.
Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Last minute booking from trip advisor feedback”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

We dined here on Tuesday 11th March as we were in New York to celebrate my boyfriends 40th birthday. We had a few recommendations of steak houses from friends however, we chose Club A on the back of reviews from Trip Advisor - we were not disappointed. There was a lot of choice on the menu - I went for lobster, which I had never eaten, It was lovely. We then shared the Porterhouse Steak with mash and creamed spinach with truffles which was exceptional. The waiter (a guy with a pony tail who's name we didn't take) was very attentive and the overall service was great. We were offered a free dessert and had a free photo which was a nice touch and, will be a lovely reminder of a great night. Overall amazing food, great service and we were made to feel very special. Also after the meal the owner came over to say hello which was a nice touch.
Only criticism, if we can call it that, is we were sat upstairs at the back which lacked atmosphere we would of liked to be either downstairs or at the front to soak up the atmosphere of a popular New York restaurant.
If we came back to New York we would definitely return and will recommend to friends and family.

Sian M,

I am glad that everything was enjoyable when dining at my restaurant for your boyfriend's 40th birthday.

Thank you for dining at my restaurant as well as taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, my customer feedback has always been pivotal in making my future customer experience better.

I look forward to seeing you again when you do return and please do recommend to all your friends.

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Wiltshire
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

My partner booked this restaurant six weeks ago for the evening that we arrived in New York (last night) The atmosphere is lovely, the staff very attentive and the food fantastic. We both had a fillet steak which was huge and cooked perfect and nice selection of sides. Nice touch with complimentary appetiser and desert. Great wine selection. We enjoyed a very good Pinot Noir. We highly recommend.

Mariarockchic,

New York City, New York
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

Excellent experience all round. Went with my father for dinner as he was visiting the city. He being from Spain boasts of the quality of his country's cuisine and said the sea bass he ordered that night was one of the best he has ever had. I ordered an excellently cooked prime NY strip. The complementary ravioli and desserts were the icing on top. W

Juan_Carlos_Buitrago,

hoosier in jersey
“Owner's Touch Shows”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

We went for an early dinner during the week and enjoyed a great meal in a pleasant atmosphere. No trouble getting a reservation and even got a confirmation phone call the day of. We enjoyed a great cocktail with a generous pour and a glass of wine from a solid wine list. Good recommendation of the Crab Cocktail from our server and French Onion Soup to begin our meal The Crab Cocktail was excellent! We had the Porterhouse for 2, perfectly prepared and served. The steak was delicious and a generous size for two. For our sides we picked spinach and the mac and cheese. Both were great, although a little heavy on the garlic for our taste. What a great touch to provide a complementary appetizer and dessert. The ravioli in particular was very tasty. I have to say, Bruno, the owner/operator has his hand on the operation and it shows. He visits many of the tables in a very appropriate and understated way. His love of his establishment is refreshing.

happynest,

Barcelona, Spain
“Superb Food & Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

My dad was in town for the city and found this as one of the top steak restaurants in the city. I knew simply by walking in that it would be a wonderful evening. We were greeted with coat check and treated to a complimentary sample of lobster ravioli. They offered a variety of bread, which came out pipping hot.

As for our main course, we had the salmon and steak. I would recommend the steak medium rare if you like it pink. The edges of medium are a bit too brown but the inside was cooked well. Service was excellent - around when you needed assistance or had questions but not too pushy. It drives me nuts when waiters are practically clearing you out of the table, which was not the case. The prices were reasonable although I could see where the little things add up. We may have been treated to a complimentary dessert but it might have been factored into the $4.50 decaf coffee and $4 club soda.

Otherwise a wonderful place to eat!

Bruno S, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this review, March 26, 2014