“Wow, amazing”
Review of Club A Steakhouse

Club A Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Club A Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 14,590 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Avenues
Transit: 4, 5, 6, N, R & W trains to Lexington Avenue/59th Street.
Description: Established in 2008. Bruno Selimaj was born and raised in a small village on the Northern Albanian/Montenegrin border and began his life as simple farmer. But at the tender age of 18 and with his parents blessing, he embarked on a journey to America in search of new life. In an Albanian household, it is tradition that a guest is treated with the utmost respect and as a member of the family. Bruno brought these core family values to his restaurant and Bruno Selimaj's life defines true restaurant hospitality. In December 2007, Bruno closed his legendary restaurant after 30 years with a new idea and a continuing passion to strive to be the best. He re-opened his famed restaurant as Club A, a modern American steakhouse in the same location. His new venture manages to encompass the characteristics of a traditional steakhouse and new world modernism. His latest accomplishment has established Bruno as one of New York's legendary restaurateurs.
Reviewed February 27, 2014

At the Club A Steakhouse the food and wine was amazing and topped with wonderful service. A real treat. They made us feel like we were regular customers.

Would happily go back time and time again

1  Thank viv b
Bruno S, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

viv b,

I am glad that everything was enjoyable when dining at my restaurant.

Thank you for dining at my restaurant as well as taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, my customer feedback has always been pivotal in making my future customer experience better.

I look forward to seeing you again when you do return and please do recommend to all your friends.

Bruno Selimaj (Owner)

Write a ReviewReviews (2,924)

Reviewed February 27, 2014

This restaurant is by far my favorite restaurant. The staff made you feel very welcomed and the food was out of this world amazing.

sara d,

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We booked a table here on the strength of the reviews on tripadvisor and we weren't disappointed. We both had the fillet mignon steak and these were cooked to perfection. Although other reviews have questioned the price we felt it was fine as the quality far outweighed this. If we are lucky enough to visit New York again well definitely be making a return visit here.

1  Thank garethvb

garethvb,

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I visited Club A Steakhouse on Tuesday 18th February 2014 with my Fiance and another couple.

What can I say? The service in this restaurant speaks for itself, absolutely amazing. The waiters all go out of their way to make you feel welcome.

The drinks menu was extensive and the waiter kindly offered to make myself and my friend a cocktail, we both opted for a french martini which was delicious!

The food really was great, we all ordered a steak and they were cooked perfectly. I ordered mine medium-rare, lovely!

I cannot recommend this restaurant enough, I would love to go back!

1  Thank DanielleHalliday

DanielHalliday,

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We had booked at ClubA after reviewing the Tripadvisor scores. Id say the restaurant is damn good but not quite perfect in all areas. It was the first night of our honeymoon and they made a real effort - the service was excellent and they looked after us.

The atmosphere at the restaurant is friendly and intimate and other diners were friendly. We were seated upstairs and guests are rather packed in but the panoramic window means it doesn't feel claustrophobic.

The food was very good (you have to try the bacon slice for starters!) and we shared the mixed grill for two with a trio of sides. Too much food for one sitting so we got some to go.

However, the price was high for what we had at over $150 for 2 as I had water and my new hubby had one bottle of beer.

I would recommend eating here but expect to pay for the privilege.

PatriciaX,

Congratulations on your recent marriage.