“A-mazing!”
Review of Club A Steakhouse

Club A Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Club A Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 14,216 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Avenues
Transit: 4, 5, 6, N, R & W trains to Lexington Avenue/59th Street.
Description: Established in 2008. Bruno Selimaj was born and raised in a small village on the Northern Albanian/Montenegrin border and began his life as simple farmer. But at the tender age of 18 and with his parents blessing, he embarked on a journey to America in search of new life. In an Albanian household, it is tradition that a guest is treated with the utmost respect and as a member of the family. Bruno brought these core family values to his restaurant and Bruno Selimaj's life defines true restaurant hospitality. In December 2007, Bruno closed his legendary restaurant after 30 years with a new idea and a continuing passion to strive to be the best. He re-opened his famed restaurant as Club A, a modern American steakhouse in the same location. His new venture manages to encompass the characteristics of a traditional steakhouse and new world modernism. His latest accomplishment has established Bruno as one of New York's legendary restaurateurs.
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I visited Club A Steakhouse on Tuesday 18th February 2014 with my Fiance and another couple.

What can I say? The service in this restaurant speaks for itself, absolutely amazing. The waiters all go out of their way to make you feel welcome.

The drinks menu was extensive and the waiter kindly offered to make myself and my friend a cocktail, we both opted for a french martini which was delicious!

The food really was great, we all ordered a steak and they were cooked perfectly. I ordered mine medium-rare, lovely!

I cannot recommend this restaurant enough, I would love to go back!

1  Thank DanielleHalliday
Bruno S, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

DanielHalliday,

I am glad that everything was enjoyable when dining at my restaurant.

Thank you for dining at my restaurant as well as taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, my customer feedback has always been pivotal in making my future customer experience better.

I look forward to seeing you again when you do return and please do recommend to all your friends.

Bruno Selimaj (Owner)

Write a ReviewReviews (2,812)

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We had booked at ClubA after reviewing the Tripadvisor scores. Id say the restaurant is damn good but not quite perfect in all areas. It was the first night of our honeymoon and they made a real effort - the service was excellent and they looked after us.

The atmosphere at the restaurant is friendly and intimate and other diners were friendly. We were seated upstairs and guests are rather packed in but the panoramic window means it doesn't feel claustrophobic.

The food was very good (you have to try the bacon slice for starters!) and we shared the mixed grill for two with a trio of sides. Too much food for one sitting so we got some to go.

However, the price was high for what we had at over $150 for 2 as I had water and my new hubby had one bottle of beer.

I would recommend eating here but expect to pay for the privilege.

PatriciaX,

Congratulations on your recent marriage.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We don't live in NYC, but like many we have fallen in love with it and visit every chance we get. Club A is in great neighborhood and the atmosphere the owners have created is second to none. The food is delicious but the hospitality and service is what sets them apart in my opinion. We were celebrating a milestone birthday and they really went above and beyond what I would have expected- from start to finish. If you are celebrating a special occasion- this is a great place to do it. Highly Reccomended!

1  Thank ScottH9848

ScottH9848,

Happy birthday once again, with many healthy and happy more.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I booked this restaurant through Opentable as an extra-special treat for my wifes 50th Birthday.
What can I say? The place is amazing. We had our 7 year old daughter with us, but this is no problem for this very warm and friendly establishment. We were warmly greeted, well looked after by the waiters and enjoyed a fabulous meal with a fantastic view. The wonderful waiter we had recommended a great steak for our daughter and for us. We chose a lovely bottle of wine from what I consider to be a very comprehensive wine list and enjoyed a complimentary glass of champagne and a great selection of sweets presented on a platter with Happy Birthday written in chocolate sauce and a photo of the three of us as well. We all felt special and it finished off our NYC break in the best possible way. Being able to meet the owner who obviously cares a huge amount about the guests was a pleasure. I hope to visit again next time! thanks very much Club A.

1  Thank Allan F

Allan F,

Happy 50th birthday once again to your wife with many healthy and happy more!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We ate here (3 adults) during our 7 night stay in NYC.
We requested an upstairs table and we got a table right by the window which was beautiful with the trees outside fairy lights shining through.
The waiters/waitresses were very nice and helpful, refilling our water glasses as and when needed and always checking we had everything we needed.
2 of us order the filet mignon, the other the lemon chicken. We all had some sides to.
The steals were cooked to perfection and tasted great! The chicken looked good to but can't comment on taste as I never tried it! The sides were ok, could be better in my opinion.
They give some complimentary starters and a desserts. Both were a lovely touch but just basic food.
The drinks were nice and a wide choice. The price was reasonable to. (Comparing to Quality Meats which in my opinion is slightly over priced)
We would go back if we are ever in the city again.
Thanks everyone at Club A Steakhouse! We had a great time:)

Kellyny2,