“Best meal and best Steak in NYC”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Club A Steakhouse

Club A Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Club A Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 13,559 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Avenues
Transit: 4, 5, 6, N, R & W trains to Lexington Avenue/59th Street.
Description: On the edge of Midtown and the Upper East Side, Club A Steakhouse NYC is a fine dining restaurant, specializing in steaks and grills. The spacious restaurant has a piano room and a main dining room along with the exquisite Bruno's wine cellar. The dining room reveals a romantic, intimate atmosphere, with a rich red color scheme, a wood burning fireplace, and finely dressed tables. Club A Steakhouse restaurant features wine lockers and there is excellent service. The superb wine list is well picked and there are a range of wines available by the glass. In one of Manhattan's most popular restaurant neighborhoods, Club A blends the features of an authentic steakhouse with contemporary design. The delicious Club A Steakhouse menu features dishes like pinot noir braised short ribs, Maine lobster or filet mignon with bordelaise sauce. Created by restaurateur Bruno Selimaj, Club A has been acclaimed as one of the most highly anticipated steakhouse restaurants in New York.
“Best meal and best Steak in NYC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

Myself and my partner went here to celebrate our anniversary. Let's just say it was one of the best meals we have ever had.

The service was impeccable and so was the outlay of the restaurant.

The food we'll where to start. Free complimentary starter and then the juiciest and biggest minion steak I have ever had. Cooked to perfection. Even the garlic fries were amazing.

Then to top it off more complimentary puddings!!

Couldn't have been more oerfect

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
“Excellent service, average food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

Ranking #2 of 11,000. Really? I was intrigued by the excellent reviews and decided to celebrate there my daughter's birthday. I must say that the relaxed atmosphere, the live music, the courtesy of the waiters promised a great dinner experience But things started to go downhill as soon as the food arrived. The bread was cold, of supermarket quality, the ossobuco was just a large chunk of bone with a little bit of fat, the medium-rare steak was very much medium, the side dishes were of average quality. I was really disapointed. We paid about $100 per person. I don't think thet the excellent service can compensate for the average quality of the food. I would not recommend this restaurant.

1 Thank lgrn261
Austin, Texas
“One Of The Best Steakhouses”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

I had a chance to grab dinner with a colleague here. This is one of many steak restaurants I have visited in the US. Its a smaller steakhouse helping to keep quality and service at its best. We had filet and NY strip. Both were great. The service was excellent yet not intrusive. The restaurant brought out complementary dessert for us as well. Definitely make sure you make reservations during your stay in NYC. I'll definitely be back.

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So disappointed!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

Over priced, Over crowded and just OK food.

So many things went wrong.
We were there Sat. night with reservations made over a month ago. We were very excited as we have heard so many geat things about the restaurant.
When reservations made we asked for a table by the back window upstairs. Even called to confirm table request and when arrived again confirmed.
No luck - we sat upstair first table by bar, across from bathroom, and high traffic walk way. So crowded waiter kept bumping into my husband while serving others. Husband eventually moved to my side of table.
FOOD - OK but not great - ordered porterhouse for two - Overcooked from medium rare to medium well. Was told by server they were very busy and a reorder could take 45min.
Sides were OK nothing special.
Service/Wine - Tried several times to order a bottle of wine but it never got brought to the table. Ended up with a drink we got from the bar and water.
Did not find the service to be great as the waiters all seemed to be overwhelmed by crowd and owner who walked around seemed to scare them because it was so busy.
Coat check was a mess as it is located feet from the bar, door, reception and stairs. The crowd was large and the nice girl dropped our scarf and gloves and was unable to retrieve as so many people were standing around stepping on them. Overall a mess of a night. Would not go back nor would I recommend. Maybe ok on a slow day for lunch or early dinner but way to small to enjoy an overpriced meal.

1 Thank Staci G
Bruno S, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Staci G,

It greatly bothers me, that everything wasn't enjoyable when dining at my restaurant.

Thank you for dining at my restaurant as well as taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, my customer feedback has always been pivotal in making my future customer experience better. I will bring up all your issues in my next weekly staff meeting.

I do hope that you give us a second chance to redeem your "Non-Club A Experience".

Best Regards,

Bruno Selimaj (Owner)
Budapest, Hungary
“A dining experience not to be missed.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

The kitchen is very creative, attractive food, and they have nice line of wines. The service was also excellent. The staff is very professional and they treating the customers in a personal way. The whole experience was very nice, and I recommend for every one, who looking for a unique dining experiences.

• Visited November 2013
Sol d,

I am glad that everything was enjoyable when dining at my restaurant.

I look forward to seeing you again when you do return and please do recommend to all your friends.

Best Regards,