“FANTASTIC!!”
Review of Club A Steakhouse

Club A Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Club A Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 13,743 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Avenues
Transit: 4, 5, 6, N, R & W trains to Lexington Avenue/59th Street.
Description: On the edge of Midtown and the Upper East Side, Club A Steakhouse NYC is a fine dining restaurant, specializing in steaks and grills. The spacious restaurant has a piano room and a main dining room along with the exquisite Bruno's wine cellar. The dining room reveals a romantic, intimate atmosphere, with a rich red color scheme, a wood burning fireplace, and finely dressed tables. Club A Steakhouse restaurant features wine lockers and there is excellent service. The superb wine list is well picked and there are a range of wines available by the glass. In one of Manhattan's most popular restaurant neighborhoods, Club A blends the features of an authentic steakhouse with contemporary design. The delicious Club A Steakhouse menu features dishes like pinot noir braised short ribs, Maine lobster or filet mignon with bordelaise sauce. Created by restaurateur Bruno Selimaj, Club A has been acclaimed as one of the most highly anticipated steakhouse restaurants in New York.
SAUDI ARABIA
“FANTASTIC!!”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We found Club A Steakhouse here on TripAdvisor as we were visiting New York for my 40th birthday and New Year. We decided to book Club A for my birthday meal, we made our reservation through TA via Open Table (which we found an excellent service and used it a few times during our stay).

A lovely restaurant on a lovely street with all the trees lit up outside. Very friendly and welcoming staff, we had to wait about 10 minutes for our table, which was no problem we had a drink at the bar and made the most of the open fire (it was freezing outside, a couple of days before all the snow hit!) Our table was upstairs next to the large window looking out onto the street and the trees. I can't fault the food or the service, one of the best restaurants I have been too, I highly recommend it. The steak is amazing!! We were well looked after by our waiter, even the owner comes round to each table to ask how the meal is, which really makes you feel welcome.

At the end of the meal we were given a plateful of different desserts and a huge bowl of fruit on the house and one of the staff took our picture and the photo was given to us at the end of our meal and we now have a lovely memory of my 40th birthday which I thought was a really nice personal touch.

If we go back to New York, Club A Steakhouse will be on the top of our list of places to eat, I cannot rate it high enough, it is not to be missed!!

• Visited December 2013
Kathy H,

First off, happy 40th birthday, with many healthy and happy more!

I am glad that everything was enjoyable when dining at my restaurant.

Thank you for dining at my restaurant as well as taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, my customer feedback has always been pivotal in making my future customer experience better.

I look forward to seeing you again when you do return and please do recommend to all your friends.

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Rockville,Maryland
“Enjoyable steakhouse on the east side”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We went there with our daughter and son-in-law. We had reservations and they took us immediately. The patrons were friendly. The bone-in rib eye was excellent--enough to share. Great desserts. The server was prompt and helpful. We look forward to going back the next time we are in NYC.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Al1936
Al1936,

Pembroke, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We visited for my 21st birthday on 13th January. I was expecting a lot from this restaurant after choosing it based on its reviews but I can honestly say my high expectations were well and truly exceeded. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we were made to feel like valued customers. Nothing is too much for the staff and I cannot praise them enough. My boyfriend had made the reservation for my birthday and when we arrived we were greeted with complimentary champagne and our mains were followed by a desert with a special message saying happy birthday.These little touches really do make restaurants like this stand out. The food was outstanding. I had the Seabass and my boyfriend had the New York strip steak which he describes as "the best steak he's ever had" (He has had his fare share of steaks) and its the first thing he talks about when people ask about our trip to the city!! I cannot thank Club A enough for making my birthday evening so special. I will definitely be recommending to friends and family visiting New York in the future. I know we'll definitely be back!!

• Visited January 2014
Jade G,

First off, happy 21st birthday, with many healthy and happy more.

I am glad that everything was enjoyable when dining at my restaurant.

Thank you for dining at my restaurant as well as taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor, with a humbling

Holland
“Number One ????”
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Upon reading the reviews for this restaurant I was really looking forward to a wonderful experience. After being seated promptly we were greeted by the owner's nephew Donny ,who went on to provide some of the poorest service I have ever experienced in such a fine restaurant. The food was good. The crab meat cocktail was a large portion of delicate sweet pieces. Everyone enjoyed their steaks, the sides of mushrooms & Brussels sprouts were just okay. I can honestly say that this is the first time that I have been disappointed with a trip advisor recommendation. Especially since this was rated #1.

2 Thank RickyHolland
RickyHolland,

It greatly bothers me that you didn't receive the "Club A Experience" that I strive so arduously for all my guest's to enjoy.

Bruno Selimaj (Owner)
“Really really good...but #1 in NY??”
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

We had a really enjoyable dinner at Club A Steakhouse. The food, the atmosphere, the service were all good but I was actually expecting something more by the restaurant rated as #1 in NYC...

• Visited January 2014