“Best NYC dining experience ”
Review of Club A Steakhouse

Club A Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Club A Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 14,208 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Avenues
Transit: 4, 5, 6, N, R & W trains to Lexington Avenue/59th Street.
Description: Established in 2008. Bruno Selimaj was born and raised in a small village on the Northern Albanian/Montenegrin border and began his life as simple farmer. But at the tender age of 18 and with his parents blessing, he embarked on a journey to America in search of new life. In an Albanian household, it is tradition that a guest is treated with the utmost respect and as a member of the family. Bruno brought these core family values to his restaurant and Bruno Selimaj's life defines true restaurant hospitality. In December 2007, Bruno closed his legendary restaurant after 30 years with a new idea and a continuing passion to strive to be the best. He re-opened his famed restaurant as Club A, a modern American steakhouse in the same location. His new venture manages to encompass the characteristics of a traditional steakhouse and new world modernism. His latest accomplishment has established Bruno as one of New York's legendary restaurateurs.
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

This is definitely the best dining experience I have ever had in NYC. The food was amazing. Service was amazing. The owner came by twice to check on us. A round of free drinks and complimentary dessert made for a perfect evening. If you are looking for great ambulance with great food, this is the place. (All couples in 30s)

1  Thank meg912
Bruno S, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

meg912,

I am glad that everything was enjoyable when dining at my restaurant.

Thank you for dining at my restaurant as well as taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, my customer feedback has always been pivotal in making my future customer experience better.

I look forward to seeing you again when you do return and please do recommend to all your friends.

Bruno Selimaj (Owner)

Write a ReviewReviews (2,812)

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Visited Club A Steakhouse on our first night in New York after seeing all the reviews on trip advisor. We arrived slightly earlier than our reservation but that wasn't a problem and we were seated straight away. The setting of the restaurant is lovely, we particularly liked the lighting on the trees outside.
All the staff were extremely friendly and welcoming and couldn't do enough for us. We obviously visited for great steak and we weren't disappointed, I ordered the filet mignon and it was absolutely gorgeous, but for us we were given too much food. We were given a free starter as well as a free dessert with fruit platter; and whilst this was lovely and a real surprise the main was more than enough and we felt rude because we were sat with a huge dessert and fruit platter that we couldn't even touch.
In all a really lovely meal, we wouldn't say no.1 in New York, but a very enjoyable visit.

emn5828,

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Made a reservation after reading these reviews. Club A certainly lives up to its reputations. Every employee we met was absolutely wonderful! Not pretentious, very warm and friendly! We sat on the main level (which the 4 of us - 2 couples really enjoyed). There were two musicians playing music (some Christmas, that was so nice). The food was excellent - my husband had steak (tenderloin bone in), I had the fish (the waiter meticulously deboned at the table). Our waiter was great, efficient and so friendly-believe it was "James". Dinner was followed by complimentary fruit and dessert and a round of drinks! Bruno came by to ask how things were and offered us another round of drinks. The entire experience was excellent! We'll be back! And way to go Bruno - you're #1 !

Veronica4,

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Nine of us ate here and we all enjoyed it. I have eaten at other steakhouses in NY and enjoyed them just as much if not more. The food was good, the steaks are very good but not amazing. I had the double eagle steak which turned out to be a thick sirloin on the bone. It was good. my wife and most of the others had Filet mignon which they all enjoyed. the porterhouse got good reviews also. the crab cocktail was delicious and the oysters superb. the wine has some affordable bottles circa $45 which isn't that expensive although their choice of beer is limited. service was good but they put a 20% service charge on the bill so it needed to be. We did get complimentary pudding and cakes which was nice. the owner came over for a chat again very nice.

Very Enjoyable but not fantastic.

Bangkokkev,

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Myself and my wife travelled to New York for our 3rd anniversary and decided to dine at Club A based on restaurant reviews. We were not disappointed. On arrival we were greeted with warmth by Mr Bruno, front of house and were given a window seat on the top floor of the restaurant with a great view. We were asked whether the visit was for a special occasion and were given a complimentary glass of champagne when informing the waiter that it was our anniversary. A really nice touch! We were then treated to a complimentary starter of mushroom ravioli which went down a treat. Myself and my wife then both had the fillet mignon, a prime piece of 16oz steak. It was definitely one of the best steaks we have ever had, superb, cooked to perfection. The generosity didn't end there, we were then treated to a 3 way dessert on the house by Mr Bruno. The restaurant has a great ambience and was undoubtedly the best night we have spent in NYC. A special night for a special occasion, thanks to all at Club A. If you are heading to NYC. Any time soon, then head for Club A!!!!

Alan_G_0278,

Happy 3rd anniversary once again, with many healthy and happy more.