“unforgetable night.”
Review of Club A Steakhouse

Club A Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Club A Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 14,308 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Avenues
Transit: 4, 5, 6, N, R & W trains to Lexington Avenue/59th Street.
Description: Established in 2008. Bruno Selimaj was born and raised in a small village on the Northern Albanian/Montenegrin border and began his life as simple farmer. But at the tender age of 18 and with his parents blessing, he embarked on a journey to America in search of new life. In an Albanian household, it is tradition that a guest is treated with the utmost respect and as a member of the family. Bruno brought these core family values to his restaurant and Bruno Selimaj's life defines true restaurant hospitality. In December 2007, Bruno closed his legendary restaurant after 30 years with a new idea and a continuing passion to strive to be the best. He re-opened his famed restaurant as Club A, a modern American steakhouse in the same location. His new venture manages to encompass the characteristics of a traditional steakhouse and new world modernism. His latest accomplishment has established Bruno as one of New York's legendary restaurateurs.
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Such a cozy and heartwarming restaurant with very professional waiters and bartenders.
We shared a porterhouse, wich was cooked perfectly. The best most delicious piece of meat i have ever tasted. We had the pleasure of meeting the owner, who took his time to check up on his guest, checking that everyone was happy and satisfied. Everyone should have the chance to visit this place. It is outstanding!
We are defiantly coming back!

Bruno S, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Bafbaf,

I am glad that everything was enjoyable when dining at my restaurant.

Thank you for dining at my restaurant as well as taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, my customer feedback has always been pivotal in making my future customer experience better. Reviews such as your review make what I do, day in and day out all the more enjoyable for over 4 decades.

I look forward to seeing you again when you do return and please do recommend to all your friends.

Bruno Selimaj (Owner)

Write a ReviewReviews (2,832)

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I wanted to take my wife and two daughters to a New York steakhouse and, based on Tripadvisor reviews, I chose club A. It was excellent with great fine dining decor, attentive and friendly staff (the owner, Bruno, visited the table on a number of occasions) and the steaks were wonderful. All in all a memorable last night in New York. Many thanks to Bruno and the team.

robert b,

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Went there with a friend 2 weeks ago.
The welcome was friendly and professional.
They gave us the table in front of the bow window that overlooks the street.
We had a delicious onion soup, the best Filet Mignon ever eaten in my life, the perfect mushed potatoes. They offered us a big plate of fruits and a delicious home made dessert.
The service was perfect and the general manager Bruno Selimaj is truly a gentleman, professional and "clear like the water"!
I will return very soon.
Thanks again for every attention given to us.
Andrea

Miamiduemiadieci,

I am glad that everything was enjoyable when dining at my restaurant.

I look forward to seeing you again when you do return and please do recommend to all your friends, Andrea.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Great and attentive service, great food and wine, would deffinately recommend it to anyone looking for a good evening.

TinaLundMouritzen,

Reviewed November 6, 2013

In New York for my birthday and i get invited to Club A....Where do i start,well is this such a fantastic looking place,i'd looked at It before I went. Now let me say one thing the Americans don’t dress for dinner. I packed some nice evening wear for this place and they let people in that would have looked at home in some fast food place. Putting all that aside, what a remarkable place. The décor is fantastic, honestly, truly swarv or posh as we would say. The food and service was of the highest quality imaginable. A great wine list was also on offer. This is one for a special occasion ‘Steak to Die For’
There are certain things you know your go do and see when you get to New York. add this place to that list.

2  Thank EnglandJason

EnglandJason,

First off, allow me to wish you a happy birthday once again, with many healthy more returns.