“Best steak I've ever had!”
Review of Club A Steakhouse

Club A Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Club A Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 13,743 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Avenues
Transit: 4, 5, 6, N, R & W trains to Lexington Avenue/59th Street.
Description: On the edge of Midtown and the Upper East Side, Club A Steakhouse NYC is a fine dining restaurant, specializing in steaks and grills. The spacious restaurant has a piano room and a main dining room along with the exquisite Bruno's wine cellar. The dining room reveals a romantic, intimate atmosphere, with a rich red color scheme, a wood burning fireplace, and finely dressed tables. Club A Steakhouse restaurant features wine lockers and there is excellent service. The superb wine list is well picked and there are a range of wines available by the glass. In one of Manhattan's most popular restaurant neighborhoods, Club A blends the features of an authentic steakhouse with contemporary design. The delicious Club A Steakhouse menu features dishes like pinot noir braised short ribs, Maine lobster or filet mignon with bordelaise sauce. Created by restaurateur Bruno Selimaj, Club A has been acclaimed as one of the most highly anticipated steakhouse restaurants in New York.
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
“Best steak I've ever had!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

When I first saw this restaurant on TA, it sounded like a great place to take my 2 daughters during our girls' weekend shopping trip to NYC. My only hesitation was that the fillets were 16 ounces. The normal 6 or 8 oz fillet was not on the menu. I knew that I could not eat that much steak. Boy was I wrong! This was the best steak I've ever had anywhere and now I understand their high ranking on TA. The outside was browned to almost crusty, while the inside was the perfect temperature-- they know how to fix a steak. The sides were delicious and very generous. Also, my daughter was celebrating her birthday and they brought us a beautiful tray of desserts to share.

Patrick was our server and was wonderful. There was never an empty water glass at the table; the service was impeccable without being intrusive. One of the waiters even offered his iphone charger when he heard my daughter say she couldn't use her camera because her phone didn't have any charge left. This restaurant was the highlight of our weekend.

If you join their email list on their website, they will even send you a $15. coupon! Definitely taking my husband to Club A on our next NYC visit.

Try this place, you'll be glad you did!

2 Thank William H
NCBecky,

I am glad everything was enjoyable.

Happy Birthday once again to your lovely daughter. Many healthy and happy more!!

I hope that your girls shopping week was just as enjoyable as your meal at my restaurant.

Thank you for dining at my restaurant as well as taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, my customer feedback has always been pivotal in making my future customer experience better.

I look forward to seeing you again when you do return to NYC with your husband and your family.

Please do recommend to all your friends.

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Concord, Massachusetts
“A wonderful experience”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Wonderful experience....exceeded our expectations. food was excellent but service is impeccable.
Owner came to our table and introduced himself. He should be very proud of staff and his restaurant. We will definitely return again.

1 Thank Bunny1987
Bunny1987,

I am glad everything was enjoyable.

I look forward to seeing you again when you do return and please do recommend to all your friends.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
“A+ for Club A!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We met some friends at Club A over the weekend and had a great time. Great live background music, great atmosphere, great food with good friends!

You must try the bacon as an app! It will change the way you feel about bacon forever!

1 Thank Nash S
Nash S,

Winter Haven, Florida
“Club A Excellent”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Wonderful meal at Club A. Had rib eye to die for. The creamed spinach, onion rings, and calamari appetizer all excellent. Service was great. Beautiful resteraunt that had a jazz band on Sat night. Really great spot for an excellent relaxing dinner

Visited September 2013
Cheryl G,

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, not so good at service”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went to Club A Steak a week ago after a night at an off Broadway show. If a Restraunt is going to advertise that they are open until 11:00 PM and take dinner reservations up until that time they should be prepared for their guests. This was not the case at Club A. While we were quickly seated our initial waiter was one of the most rude people that I have encountered. After not wanting to answer any questions and pushing us to get our full dinner order into the kitchen within 2-3 minutes his behavior did not improve. We finally had to complain and the replacement waiter was highly improved. I can say that the food was really good. However, at this price the service should match.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jeff A
Bruno S, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Jeff A,

Thank you for dining at my restaurant and taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, customer feedback is pivotal. I will make sure to rectify the issue of your waiter being rude. I haven't been in business for over 40 years allowing my employees to act in this manner. I will definitely bring this up in the next weekly meeting and reprimand the waiter that acted so unprofessionally.

I look forward to seeing you again in the future.