“Customer Service A+++”
Review of Club A Steakhouse

Club A Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Club A Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 14,125 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Avenues
Transit: 4, 5, 6, N, R & W trains to Lexington Avenue/59th Street.
Description: Established in 2008. Bruno Selimaj was born and raised in a small village on the Northern Albanian/Montenegrin border and began his life as simple farmer. But at the tender age of 18 and with his parents blessing, he embarked on a journey to America in search of new life. In an Albanian household, it is tradition that a guest is treated with the utmost respect and as a member of the family. Bruno brought these core family values to his restaurant and Bruno Selimaj's life defines true restaurant hospitality. In December 2007, Bruno closed his legendary restaurant after 30 years with a new idea and a continuing passion to strive to be the best. He re-opened his famed restaurant as Club A, a modern American steakhouse in the same location. His new venture manages to encompass the characteristics of a traditional steakhouse and new world modernism. His latest accomplishment has established Bruno as one of New York's legendary restaurateurs.
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband & i visited Club A Steakhouse for our wedding anniversary - from start to finish our experience was faultless.
The food, ambience and service were outstanding. The owner (Bruno) introduced himself to us & the quality & warmth of the restaurant are a true credit to him. Do not miss this experience!

Bruno S, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

sezbez,

Thanks for celebrating your anniversary at my restaurant. Many healthy and happy more years together.

I am glad everything was enjoyable.

Thank you for dining at my restaurant and taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor..

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, customer feedback is pivotal. I appreciate the kind words about my restaurant.

I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

The owner went way beyond any expectations we had to ensure our dinner and evening was amazing. They desrve to be #1 easily. We are foodies and the menu was diverse and the food spectacular. They seated usat the best table, comped us an appy and a drink as well as a desert sampler with a candle and Happy anniversary on it. The owner is a caring giving gentleman and kept checking in on us to make sure we were happy.....way beyond my friends!!! Cant go wrong here. The atmosphere and staff are all welcoming and food is perfect. We met some regulars who love it as well'''

Thanks again!

Mitch and Laila

Mitchkc68,

I am glad I could make your special day, all the more special.

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, customer feedback is pivotal.

I look forward to seeing you again in the future when you are in NYC.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We booked this restaurant after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor. The service was terrible. They took forty minutes to take our order and then we had to wait an hour until our food arrived. The waiters managed to spill a glass of wine on the table and then the one who was filling our water glasses managed to top up my husbands gin and tonic with water not once but twice, hopeless. The wine is very expensive for what was on offer at about 48 dollars a bottle. I asked for my steak medium to well cooked and it was inedible and cremated. Very disappointed, will not return.

1  Thank Australia1959
Bruno S, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Australia1959,

Thank you for dining at my restaurant as well as taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, my customer feedback has always been pivotal in making my future customer experience better. It perturbs me that you didn't have the enjoyable experience that my staff and I aim for.

I do hope that I can convince you to give us a chance to rectify your first visit.

Please do ask for me personally when you do.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Club A Steak Restaurant was really a good choice. They served the best steaks we ever had. The service was outstanding, the patron came over to our table for three times asking if everything was ok and it was a great pleasure to talk to him. Every special wish from our side was welcome and in the end we even got a complimentary desert. This was a wonderful experince that we can really recommend.

2  Thank Henning T

Henning T,

I am glad that everything was enjoyable when dining at my restaurant.

I look forward to seeing you again when you do return and please do recommend to all your friends.

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

The food was absolutely sublime, but the service was unattentive and slow. Not one smile throughout the evening, we were never presented with a wine card and the waiters messed up several of our orders. All this really is a pity, since it is possibly the best steak tartare (appetiser) and filet minion (main) I've ever tasted, but this is clouded by poor service

2  Thank LoLun
Bruno S, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Lolunding,

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, customer feedback is pivotal. I am glad you enjoyed the food. I will definitely bring up the lack of service in our next weekly staff meeting.

I look forward to seeing you again in the future.