“Perfect Food - Perfect Service - Best Dining Experience Ever!”
Review of Club A Steakhouse

Club A Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Club A Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 14,526 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Avenues
Transit: 4, 5, 6, N, R & W trains to Lexington Avenue/59th Street.
Description: Established in 2008. Bruno Selimaj was born and raised in a small village on the Northern Albanian/Montenegrin border and began his life as simple farmer. But at the tender age of 18 and with his parents blessing, he embarked on a journey to America in search of new life. In an Albanian household, it is tradition that a guest is treated with the utmost respect and as a member of the family. Bruno brought these core family values to his restaurant and Bruno Selimaj's life defines true restaurant hospitality. In December 2007, Bruno closed his legendary restaurant after 30 years with a new idea and a continuing passion to strive to be the best. He re-opened his famed restaurant as Club A, a modern American steakhouse in the same location. His new venture manages to encompass the characteristics of a traditional steakhouse and new world modernism. His latest accomplishment has established Bruno as one of New York's legendary restaurateurs.
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My wife and I went for a weekend trip to NYC to celebrate our 2-year anniversary. As part of the gift, I said I would do all the planning – with all the thousands of choices in NYC to make a dinner reservation on Sat. night it was a little overwhelming. I narrowed it down to just steakhouses and went from there. With the location and price not a concern I focused on reviews that exemplified superior service and food quality. I must say that even with all the excellent reviews of Club A Steakhouse, I was still a little skeptical for some reason, but not anymore. We arrived 25 minutes late to our reservation (8:30pm Sat. night) after meeting family out for a drink before, and were greeted very warmly by the hostess without any attitude for being late. We were seating immediately to our table where we were instantly given the option of water(s) and then welcomed by and our waiter, Duke (highly recommend you ask for him!). After devouring the bread basket (great bread – we are bread lovers) and looking at the menu and deliberating for a few minutes, we decided not to completely stuff ourselves with food and decided to split the 16oz filet cooked medium with béarnaise sauce. Upon taking our order, we were offered more bread and declined. We both ordered a drink, me a beer and a glass of merlot with the dinner, and the wife got a glass of white wine. Both wines were perfect and generously poured! The steak took a few minutes longer than expected but maybe it just seemed like it because we didn’t order an appetizer or salad and the waiter came to check on us as soon as the thought popped into my head and told us it would be right out. It was one of the tastiest cuts of meat, if not the best, I have ever had and that is saying a lot since not only did I not really have a huge taste for steak having just had it just the night before but I have been to some really fancy steakhouses all over the US. The béarnaise sauce was perfect too and for only $42 I felt like it was also a huge bargain! After dinner, I was walking to the bathroom and saw our waiter and asked if he could deliver two glasses of Veuve Clicquot Champagne, he gave me a look as to why, and I told him it was our anniversary and that is when it got even better. As soon as I sat back down, the perfectly chilled champagne arrived with a complimentary dessert sampler plate which were delicious! After that the owner/manager came to check in and when he found out it was our anniversary we received another complimentary dessert with happy anniversary written in chocolate and two free after dinner drinks followed by a red rose given to the wife!!! At some places I am annoyed when they come and talk to you and over stay their welcome or are not personable but not here. Both our waiter and the owner were very personable and appreciative of our business and not pretentious like at some fancy restaurants. Their interactions with us were perfectly timed and enjoyable. The only 2 criticisms (if you want to call them that)would be the lack of beer choices (I like craft beers, strong IPA’s and none were offered) but that is understandable, and the fact that we did not order more food, an appetizer or two, a salad, or side because everything was so perfect. I beyond highly recommend Club A Steakhouse for a dinner/evening out, for perfectly cooked succulent food and flawless service… we left feeling like celebrities. Thank you Club A for a perfect anniversary night out that we will never forget – we think you should change your name to Club A+!!!

1  Thank tomsme73
Bruno S, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Tomsme73,

Happy Anniversary again!

Thanks for dining at my restaurant and taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, customer feedback is pivotal. I am glad everything was enjoyable.

I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Bruno Selimaj (Owner)

Write a ReviewReviews (2,882)

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We booked a table for our final NYC dinner and what a find it was. We checked out previous reviews on Tripadvisor and needless to say they were right on the mark. The place was superbly fitted and furnished, the wait staff new their stuff and were suggestive without being intrusive and the theatrics with the assorted Riedel decanter "sculptures" was a fantastic and practical way of decanting our wine. Bruno the owner came over and introduced himself and we had a great chat about the restaurant and its history. The food (go the steaks) was amazing and the attention and little extras such as a complimentary palate starter of a cheese stuffed mushroom very much appreciated. The tab was very reasonable for the quality surroundings, outstanding food and terrific service and this will be one of our must do's each time we visit NYC. Do yourself a favour and book soon.

Ozwineguy,

I look forward to seeing you again in the future when you are in NYC.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

make you wanna return every night! worth every dollar. don't miss their meat! it's wonderful. make reservation unless you want to wait! loved it!!!!

Bruno S, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Gaevtz,

Thank you for dining at my restaurant as well as taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, my customer feedback has always been pivotal in making my future customer experience better.

I am glad everything was enjoyable.

I look forward to seeing you again when you do return to NYC.

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We ate here last night on the final night of our trip. I had requested a table upstairs by the window and we were escorted there by the owner.

We enjoyed the bread selection, the cranberry bread was delicious and made a nice change to eat a sweet bread.

We were really impressed with the complimentary mushroom ravioli appetiser. It was fresh tasting and very delicious.
We ordered the porterhouse for 2 which was huge, cooked to perfection and the meat just melted in your mouth. Arguably the best steak we have ever eaten! The sides we ordered were fresh, tasty and cooked well too.

After dinner a complimentary dessert arrived which was very tasty and so big we couldn't finish it!
Bruno, the owner, came to ask us how our meal was and told us a bit about his restaurant, it is refreshing to have the owner so visible to the customers, one who obviously cares a lot about the food he serves. Thanks for the drinks Bruno!

Overall an amazing experience, and one not to be missed if you are a steak lover!

1  Thank bizzylizzy777

bizzlylizzy777,

I am glad everything was enjoyable.

I look forward to seeing you again when you do return and please do recommend to all your friends.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We went to celebrate my sister's birthday. All of the staff was so attentive and personable. Everyone knew it was her birthday and anytime we needed anything they were happy to help. Even though the restaurant was full, the staff was so attentive that it felt like we were the only table there. It's a great place to celebrate, they brought complimentary dessert and champagne. We left very happy, full, and satisfied!

Sballal,

Happy birthday to your sister again!! Many healthy and happy more!

I look forward to seeing you again in the future.