“Service very disappointing”
Review of Club A Steakhouse

Club A Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Club A Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 14,025 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Avenues
Transit: 4, 5, 6, N, R & W trains to Lexington Avenue/59th Street.
Description: On the edge of Midtown and the Upper East Side, Club A Steakhouse NYC is a fine dining restaurant, specializing in steaks and grills. The spacious restaurant has a piano room and a main dining room along with the exquisite Bruno's wine cellar. The dining room reveals a romantic, intimate atmosphere, with a rich red color scheme, a wood burning fireplace, and finely dressed tables. Club A Steakhouse restaurant features wine lockers and there is excellent service. The superb wine list is well picked and there are a range of wines available by the glass. In one of Manhattan's most popular restaurant neighborhoods, Club A blends the features of an authentic steakhouse with contemporary design. The delicious Club A Steakhouse menu features dishes like pinot noir braised short ribs, Maine lobster or filet mignon with bordelaise sauce. Created by restaurateur Bruno Selimaj, Club A has been acclaimed as one of the most highly anticipated steakhouse restaurants in New York.
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I chose Club A Steakhouse on our recent visit to NYC to celebrate my husband's birthday and youngest son's graduation from high school. The reviews on Trip Advisor were generally very good. However, we were very disappointed in the service and the food was just ok. We saw our waiter when we ordered and that was it. I think he forgot to turn in our food order because we waited for at least 45 minutes for our entres - we did not order appetizers. In fact, the owner was hanging around near our table, saw we had been waiting for awhile, and we were given complementary ravioli. The food was average, certainly not as good as the large chain steakhouses of comparable price range and certainly nothing to return for. We waited for our check, the waiter never came to even ask us if we wanted desert. I finally asked the manager as he was walking by for our check. Overall, very disappointing and would not return or recommend to friends.

1  Thank devotedtodogs
Bruno S, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

devotedtodogs,

First off, happy birthday once again to your husband and congratulations on your son's high school graduation.

It greatly disappoints me that you didn't enjoy your experience at my restaurant.

Thank you for dining at my restaurant as well as taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, my customer feedback has always been pivotal in making my future customer experience better. Customer service is paramount in my 4 decades of business. I will address this issue in my next weekly staff meeting.

I look forward to seeing you again when you do return and please do recommend to all your friends.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Really a great food and they are always at your service. I recommended if you are a meat lover!
We had the porterhouse and it was amazing, as I said I was pretty pleased with the service. Para repetir en NY, te atienden muy bien y la comida es deliciosa.

1  Thank Matilde H
Bruno S, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Matilde H,

Reviewed July 5, 2013

My family and I picked this restaurant off of Yelp! recommendations, and we were glad we did. The view from the top floor is beautiful, the servers are gracious and down-to-earth and the food was GREAT. The price was VERY reasonable for 6 of us ($275 including tip and a bottle of wine) and the owner was kind enough to stop by and check on us. We recommend this place highly!!!!

1  Thank JM2inFullerton

JM2inFullerton,

Reviewed July 3, 2013

First of all I've travelled all over and have been to many many fine dining establishments - Club A Steakhouse had to be the most memorable and wonderful dining experience I have ever had in my life! My boyfriend would agree!!! This was our 2nd trip to NYC in the past few monts, the last time we went to Peter Luger's (absolutely terrible!!!!) this review is not to bash them but to compare to another "top notch" steakhouse. On this trip we decided to make reservations for Club A because of all the fabulous reviews on TripAdvisor and boy am I glad we did! Unfortunatley, the night of our reservation my boyfriend realized that he forgot all of his pants, jeans, etc so he had on cargo shorts, a basketball jersey and a baseball cap - we called to make sure this was OK because of it being a nice restaurant and they were more than pleasant about it. On top of the lack of dress clothes, we were an HOUR late to our reservation due to us getting lost on the subway and the taxi driver we meet up with after we got lost drove around in circles. By the time we got to the restaurant I didn't even want to eat I was so annoyed BUT then we entered Club A.....We were pleasantly greeted, treated like royalty and were seated right away (even being a whole hour late!), we were seated upstairs in the beautifully deocrated dining room close to the window that overlooks a tree decorated with white lights (very nice touch!). We ordered our drinks and meals, shortly after the owner or Maitre D' came over to our table to greet us, ask where we from, etc. We apologized for my boyfriend not being dressed appropriately and he made us both feel totally at ease and said "You are here to eat, not at a fashion show - we don't care how you are dressed, you both look lovely!!!" After he left our table he sent us a complimentary appetizer (mushroom stuffed ravioli which were AMAZING!!!), then shortly after he sends us a complimentary round of drinks! At this point our food arrives, I ordered the filet, my boyfriend ordered the Aged Porterhouse and we ordered 3 sides (the Truffle Mac-N-Cheese was OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!!!! I don't think I've ever ate anything so delicous in my life!, the Parmesan French Fries and a baked potato). EVERYTHING we ate was phenominal and I do not even like or really care for steak. The steaks were cooked to perfection, a little charred on the outside, juicy and succulent on the inside with amazing flavors! TO DIE FOR! We could barely finish our meals and next thing you know the owner is sending us complimentary desserts that again were out of this world (Tiramisu, Neopolitan Ice cream in a chocolate shell, Cream Puffs with whipped cream and a plate of cut watermelon to cleanse our palates)!!!!! Our bad day turned into a wonderful, memorable, fantastic, filling night with the most amazing food, staff, ambiance, owner, etc etc etc that you could imagine! This review doesn't even do Club A justice! Do yourself a favor and check out Club A Steakhouse - they certainly go ABOVE AND BEYOND here!!!!! Next time we are in NYC we will 110% be back!!!! I dream of my steak and Mac-N-Cheese : ) Thank you Club A BRAVO!!!!!!

JacquelineRenee,

Thank you for putting us in the same sentence as the legendary Peter Luger Steakhouse.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

The atmosphere was amazing, the music was relaxing, the staff were polite, funny, friendly, clean and the owner stopped by every table to ensure the experience was a great one. I travel for a living and have been coming to NY every week for the past year and have eaten at more then 1,000 restaurants.

Culb A Steakhouse has been the best meal and experience I have ever had.

2  Thank catfire0