“Superlative in every aspect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Club A Steakhouse

Club A Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Club A Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 13,552 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Avenues
Transit: 4, 5, 6, N, R & W trains to Lexington Avenue/59th Street.
Description: On the edge of Midtown and the Upper East Side, Club A Steakhouse NYC is a fine dining restaurant, specializing in steaks and grills. The spacious restaurant has a piano room and a main dining room along with the exquisite Bruno's wine cellar. The dining room reveals a romantic, intimate atmosphere, with a rich red color scheme, a wood burning fireplace, and finely dressed tables. Club A Steakhouse restaurant features wine lockers and there is excellent service. The superb wine list is well picked and there are a range of wines available by the glass. In one of Manhattan's most popular restaurant neighborhoods, Club A blends the features of an authentic steakhouse with contemporary design. The delicious Club A Steakhouse menu features dishes like pinot noir braised short ribs, Maine lobster or filet mignon with bordelaise sauce. Created by restaurateur Bruno Selimaj, Club A has been acclaimed as one of the most highly anticipated steakhouse restaurants in New York.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Superlative in every aspect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

We booked reservations based on reviews here and we were not disappointed! We had tickets for Wicked that evening and had booked a table for 5:30, but because of our unfamiliarity with the city, we were running a bit late. We called and told them we were a few blocks away and they couldn't have been more gracious. They even remembered that we had theater tickets and said, "don't worry, we'll get you out in time for your show"!

When we arrived, we were impressed with the atmosphere of the restaurant. Everyone seemed to know what they were doing and we were seated promptly. Service was probably among the best dining experiences I've EVER had--very attentive and yet not intrusive at all! The food was marvelous! Our steaks were cooked PERFECTLY and were absolutely delicious, even better than the Ruth's Chris which is our family's "event" steakhouse back home (and is pretty darn good itself!).

The restaurant is a bit pricey (but was worth it to us!) and is not a place for young kids (or undisciplined or entitled kids). Please don't spoil this place for others by thinking it's a Golden Corral.

Our hotel was over on the west side of town, so we hadn't ventured over to the neighborhood of Club A during our trip, but we're so glad we did! We will definitely be visiting them again when we return to NYC!

2 Thank Bob K
Bruno S, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Bob K,

I am glad that everything was enjoyable when dining at my restaurant.

Thank you for dining at my restaurant as well as taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, my customer feedback has always been pivotal in making my future customer experience better.

I look forward to seeing you again when you do return and please do recommend to all your friends.

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Bruno knows his business”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

So where do i begin? I've been to A LOT of steakhouses. I consider authentic steakhouses to serve the "steak for two" which is a porterhouse enough to serve 2 and possibly 3 people. If a restaurant don't got it, i'm not goin. Club A had it of course and had a groupon to use there. I thought that we could order the steak for two (not on the groupon menu) and pay for the difference, however, that was not the case with our waiter. Spoke to Bruno (the mgr) and accommodated us, which is a great sign of hospitality -very difficult to find in new york city. Thick sliced bacon, steak seared medium rare, mushroom ravioli, tiramisu - all excellent, from start to finish. i never write reviews, but for Club A, I just had to.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank JohnnyJuice
JohnnyJuice,

Oslo, Norway
“Best NYC food experience! Excellent food and service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

My family and I came here for a steak dinner on our last night in NYC. I had read some tripadvisor reviews before booking a table and I had relatively high expectations of the place and the food. I can easily say that everything exceeded my expectations! The atmosphere was great, the staff and the restaurant owner was very attentive and helpful - and the food... We all agreed that it was by far the best steak we'd had. We celebrated my parents' 30th wedding anniversary at Club A, and they made it an unforgettable night! With complimentary appetizers and dessert with a specialized greeting - and a rose for my mother; Bruno and the rest of the staff at Club A absolutely deserves rave reviews! I will definitely come back the next time I am in New York. In one word; Recommended!

2 Thank Tone84
Tone84,

Bruno Selimaj (Owner)
“Beautiful place, lovely service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went to ny for a few days on our honeymoon and on our last night we wanted to go to a nice restaurant. We looked up trip advisor and opted for this place... We were not disappointed. The restaurant looked so cute and romantic. My husband ordered their grilled steak and I had the sea bass as their special. Both were cooked to perfection and absolutely delicious. The employees were always coming to ask us if everything was ok and when they knew we came all the way from Malta on our honeymoon they surprised us with a plate of mixed desserts and 2 glasses of champagne after our meal.This was such a sweet surprise and a lovely end to our stay in New York. Will definitely recommend and visit again. Lovely food and lovely people.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Elaine S
Elaine S,

First off, congratulations on your marriage! All the best!

Messina, Italia
“Best steak ever and amazing service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

The filet mignon was very tasty, the best steak in new york! The service was perfect: very kind staff. The owner offered us the dessert.

2 Thank linkxvi