“best steak ever”
Review of Club A Steakhouse

Club A Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Club A Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 14,144 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Avenues
Transit: 4, 5, 6, N, R & W trains to Lexington Avenue/59th Street.
Description: Established in 2008. Bruno Selimaj was born and raised in a small village on the Northern Albanian/Montenegrin border and began his life as simple farmer. But at the tender age of 18 and with his parents blessing, he embarked on a journey to America in search of new life. In an Albanian household, it is tradition that a guest is treated with the utmost respect and as a member of the family. Bruno brought these core family values to his restaurant and Bruno Selimaj's life defines true restaurant hospitality. In December 2007, Bruno closed his legendary restaurant after 30 years with a new idea and a continuing passion to strive to be the best. He re-opened his famed restaurant as Club A, a modern American steakhouse in the same location. His new venture manages to encompass the characteristics of a traditional steakhouse and new world modernism. His latest accomplishment has established Bruno as one of New York's legendary restaurateurs.
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We dined here on our last night in NYC and we were in for a treat, we skipped the starter and went straight for a massive steak each plus 3 side dishes. The meat was cooked just how we asked for it and was delicious, possibly the best I've ever had, service was also excellent. With a bottle of wine and tip bill came in over $200 but was definitely worth it.

2  Thank JKC1979
Bruno S, Owner at Club A Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

JKC1979,

I am glad that everything was enjoyable when dining at my restaurant.

Thank you for dining at my restaurant as well as taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

As an owner/operator for over 40 years, my customer feedback has always been pivotal in making my future customer experience better.

I look forward to seeing you again when you do return and please do recommend to all your friends.

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Excellent steaks, really well cooked and tasty.
Great experience and friendly service. Large choice of wine.

1  Thank Olivier-Paris-France

Olivier-Paris-France,

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We celebrated our anniversary at Club A. Everything was unbelievable. From the greeting to the food to the service. The restaurant is very beautiful also. There was a jazz band which made the night so very romantic. The owner is a wonderful gentleman who presented me a rose for my anniversary. We had filet mignon which was out of this world, the best caesar salad that we ever had and scrumptious desserts. We cannot wait to return to Club A again....

1  Thank jojoruss

jojoruss,

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Overall dinner and service was good. Probably would pass on shrimp cocktail next time; we prefer a lot of horseradish in our cocktail sauce and their sauce wasn't hot enough for us. Asked for horseradish, but they didn't have any. Shrimp were of good quality though. Hubby and I split a 16 oz filet with a side of mushrooms. Steak was very good and mushrooms were okay. Their own special steak sauce was also very good. Appreciated the owner coming over and introducing himself.

3  Thank Anna B

Anna B,

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We decided on this place after reading other reviews. Our reservations were at 6 for 2. The restaurant itself is very elegant looking and has a nice feel to it. We were seated on the second floor right along the back windows in front of the lighted tree. This provides a nice view below and was perfect. My fiancee and I had wine and decided on their signature dish the porterhouse with truffle Mac and cheese and asparagus. The steak was cooked perfectly and tasted even better. It was juicy, well flavored and was melt in your mouth good. The truffle mac and cheese was chees, creamy and delicious. The asparagus was cooked perfectly and had that perfect crunch. We were treated to a complimentary dessert courteous of the owner who was walking around saying hi to people and extremely friendly. The entire staff was friendly and attentive and our waiter was perfect and polite. In all I would not hesitate to go here again and would recommend it to anyone who wants to have an incredible dinner experience. Well done.

1  Thank duplago